Help

Chapter 8

Amanda P.O.V

I follow the man's back with my mind full of doubts and thoughts. Why would father kidnap me? Even though I know the fact that he kidnapped me for his own benefits. But, he must have the main purpose of committing this illogical crime.

I snap from my thought when I feel my forehead hit something concrete. It hurts a bit and painful, but bearable. I rub my forehead and realize instead of expecting a wall, it is actually the man's back. His sudden stop for whatever reason blocks my way.

"Ouch?"

I groan, more like questioning him for the sudden stop. He chuckles as he turns to face me, "Your fa-," He stops for 2 seconds and continues, "Mr. Luther is waiting for you in the room, at the end of this corridor," He points to the big door that made of wood at the end of the hallway. To be honest, that shall be the place of a final boss when you're in a game. I nod, "Why did you stop anyway? Aren't you going with me?" He shakes his head, "I only lead you the way, mon chère, I have no permission to go more further and so I have to leave you here." He carves a smile on his face and bows a bit, then he leaves. What a classic looking man.+

I head to the door and open it without a single knock. The room was quite fancy and big, like a head quarter's office. Few men in their completely black suit are standing both side of the room, whom I believe, they're his guards. Luther- I mean father, who sits in the middle of the room like a greedy king trying to kill himself, looks at me and smiled genuinely. "Hello, immature dad." I make a poker face as his smile totally fades, "Immature?" He scoffs.

"What do you want from me?" I ask, ignoring his mock. He laughs, "What a basic thing to ask, isn't it, my lovely daughter?". He stands up from his seat and walks to me with his hands crossed behind him. I roll my eyes to the question he asked. "I don't have time for your tittle-tattle, I want to go home," I say with my deep tone. "Is that any way to talk to your father?" He hits the table with his hands which, makes me startle. The guards adjust their position, completely in awkward situation since they have to witness daughter-dad argument. I clear my throat and glare, "My father? My father won't leave his family, starving to death in a pits of hell, and doesn't even ask about his wife condition for once. Have you committed the stupid things I just said?" I turn around as I'm about to leave, he stops me. "I. I have reasons of what I did and now, I need your help," He says. " What reasons and what help?" I furrow as he sighs. We both know what kind of help. 

     He's in debt with another gang, surely. So why am I involved in this situation? Because, I'm his daughter. I pull my hands from his grip, "You're in a gang, dad." He slips his hands in his pockets and walks to his seat with a loud sigh. "You're not going to use me to pay your debt!" I grit my teeth while two of the guards walk to the main door and lock it. "You're not going to do that! You just-" A guard comes and cover my mouth as he ties my hands. I try to kick him but another unbelievable guard grips my legs. I notice that stupid dad gestures them to take me away and how cool, they obey.

They throw me in a fancy room with nothing in it except a single comfy bed and a cupboard. There's a door, I believe it's a toilet. As the guards lock the door, I kick the door with my heart full of wrath. "I swear I'm gonna get all of you one day!" Tch.

My phone is out of nowhere, room is locked, no windows. "Good game," I sigh. I sit on the bed, trying to figure out how to escape until I hear the sound of footsteps coming closer. I glare at door but they don't open it, instead they stand against it. "Miss Amanda, you will have to meet the leader of your father's gang's enemy. The one he's in debt with, he will meet you here, in your room about few minutes from now," Just as I hear the voice, I jump out from the bed, "You! You're the one who brought me to my father." I hear a chuckle from the other side, "Indeed."

"Why won't you open the door?" I ask as he sigh, "It's a safety step for you not to escape right after I open the door. After all, it is leader's command not to unlock the door." I spit, "Safety step, my ass. I don't wanna meet him." I cross my arms. "You have no choice, Mon Chere. But, ne vous inquiétez pas," He whispers.

I keep quiet. I know what he meant by that French phrase. 'Don't worry' he said. Learning French when I was 10 is quite useful. And, I know, I have no fucking way. Finally, he breaks the silence after 5 minutes of creepy quietness, "He's here." As I hear some other footsteps, the door is unlocked. It reveals a guy about early 20's who obviously father's enemy and a guy beside him is probably his personal assistant, I guess. I glare at him, trying to give him 'Fuck Off' aura. He walks in along with his P.A, while a sly smirk pasted on his face. "So you're it." I huff, and keep my mouth shut. "You know what's going on, right now, right? I'm Zach. Zachary Smythe. And you know.." He crosses his arms and continues, ".. that you're going to be with me, like forever?". I take a few steps away as I'm aware with his presence. "I love you when I first saw your photos," He chuckles. "You have very funny way of showing it," I walk as slow as I can to the door. He laughs maniacally, "I could kill you when I saw you in your school, but I didn't. Well, based on your daddy's debt, you owe me your very own life."

"Tch."
     "The debt is on him, not me," I say. "He won't mind," His P.A says airily. I grit my teeth. The guy who's probably French comes back, with his gentle figure he says, "Sir Zach. Mr Luther has told me to forward his message for you. He needs to talk with you, he will be waiting in his room." Zach Smythe clearly annoyed by the statement, "In the middle of--!" He sighs heavily, "We'll see again, sooner." Then he leaves the room along with his P.A. As they disappear from the corner of the hallway, the French guy looks at me. He's about to leave but I pull his black coat.

    "Aidez-moi, s'il vous plait! (Please, help me!)" I beg. "Non, je ne peux pas. C'est dangereux. (No, I can't. It's dangerous)," He frowns with sympathy. "S'il vous plait (Please)," I furrow as he sighs, "Bien, j'essaierai (Fine, I'll try)." I feel so relieved inside, but trying my best not to smile for my plan to escape with his help. I know, someone's looking through the Closed-circuit television (CCTV), of course, the person can hear everything, a perfect reason why we communicated in French. The security in this freaking castle is high.

"Follow me," He says with a cold act. I obey as we walk through the hallway. We hear footsteps are coming toward us. As we turn our left, we bump to a bunch of guards and one of them asks, "Where do you think you're going?". Like I said, they've seen us.

Third person P.O.V

A man crushes his cup of finished tea that made of polystyrene and hits the table. His eyes in fire never leave the view of Luther's daughter and the guard on the screen. 'Tch,' He doesn't understand a shit their language! As both of them began to walk away he throws the crumpled cup in the bin.

He turns his back and orders the guard to stop both of them. Now.

-♦-

'Enter' key is pressed by a man in early 20's, "Found her, in- This is Helium's base." Dylan frowns, "Luther?", the man nods. "GOSH! I SHOULD'VE RAN FASTER BEFORE THEY GOT HER THAT DAY!" He yells through his gritted teeth. He hits the table with his bare hands. No one wish to see his bad side. Never. "We're leaving. Ethan, take your electronic things with you," Dylan orders, "I will see you soon, sweetheart."

He knows no one can stop him, including himself.