Mother

HI :D ALL I CAN SAY IS SORRY :3

Chapter 13

Enough just sitting around and do nothing, Amanda walks up and stands in front of the door. She is still deciding what to do. 1001 thoughts are running through her head. She knows the door is locked. She knows, he's probably getting ready. She rests her hands on the door, still thinking. 

All of the sudden, the door is opened by someone, and eventually hit her forehead slightly hard. "What the actual fu-" Dylan startles as he looks at her, "Oof, are you okay?". Amanda, rubbing her head and sighs, "Don't start."

     "Well, I was, uh," He frowns by looking at her red forehead, "I wanna ask you if you wanna follow. I changed my mind yesterday." Dylan caresses her forehead, as she jumps in joy in her mind. She shakes off her glee to cover herself, "Uhum," She clears her throat, "What made you change your mind though?"

      Dylan snaps and flicks her forehead, "I can change my mind again right here, at this moment too, unless you answer me yes or no in 10 seconds, 1, 2, 3.." He starts counting. His action certainly makes Amanda groan in pain, "Was that necessary, you jerk-" Dylan interrupts, ".. 6, 7, 8,"
     "I'LL GO, I'LL GO, stop counting," Amanda irritates. Dylan chuckles as he pats her head, "I'll wait in the car, go get ready." Amanda nods, indicating that she's understand. "By the way," He pauses, "You should stop staring at the door, it's not good for your health." He walks away while laughing as Amanda slams the door, "What a big fcking asshole."

-♘-

Amanda takes her steps to the car and they drive off. 

"Dylan."

He rises his eyebrows, "Hm?"

"He's not coming? Mr. Hawk?"

He chuckles, "Hawk, without 'Mr'. He's not even married yet," His eyes focuses to the road, "He.. has something to do."

Amanda nods.

"Dylan."

"Yeah?"

"Where are your parents?"

Dylan seems slightly shock at her query, but his eyes still lock onto the road. The peaceful situation turns to eerie silence, well silence that comes from themselves, not the radio. Amanda notices the unnatural ambience as she stares at her laps and fiddling with her fingers. 

"Um, I- I'm sorry for asking-"

"They're dead."

Amanda raises her eyebrows and glances at him. She's expecting the same answer but with reason. 

Her mouth still shuts as Dylan continues, "They died 3 years ago. Murdered." Her adrenaline rushes causing her heart to beat faster. She doesn't want to think, but the memory of her looking at his document makes her afraid. The word 'murdered' keeps repeating on her mind. Her eyes are blinking as she gulps her fear, hoping that she can still remain calm. "Murdered?" She asks.

His eyes glaring on the road, suspicious, "If you're hiding anything, just tell me, Amanda." She stays silent, "If you insist on hiding, then don't blame me if it can ruin the future."

Amanda bites her lower lip, still fiddling her fingers. She knows it will be so rude, asking sensitive question, and she dares not to ask him at the moment. "I won't be mad," Dylan glances at her as he feels the tension in the air, "The truth's more important, right?"

Amanda's having a second thought and she finally decides to ask, "Was- Did-" She sighs, trying to arrange her words and be more careful, "Are you.. the bad guy?" A moment of silence, Dylan chuckles, "I'm not."
    "My parents were murdered, but it wasn't me. It's up to you to believe it or not, I can't force you. Hawk and I already know the murderer, only we don't have concrete evidences to prove him wrong. Mother-," He stops.

Dylan uses his free hand to hold Amanda's hand, "Anyways, right now you have to focus of saving your mother. Remember, 

Your father isn't what you really think what he looks like."

-♘-

It's kinda short chapter.. but BARE WITH IT!