Impacts

Chapter 9

Amanda P.O.V

We stop abruptly when a bunch of men trap us in the hall way. "Excuse me, but I'm leading her to Mr. Luther for her agreement on his request," The butler says with his face full of confidence. Whitout any second thought the man replies, "Oh. What an obedient daughter. By the way, I'm Camille Mathias. It's quite shocking but," He is staring suspiciously at us for seconds and shrugs. He gestures to show that they let us pass through.

As we walk away, the butler takes a glance at the men before we're turning left but they aren't there anymore. Before I can walk any further the butler pulls me, "Use this way," He points to the right corner, "They haven't fixed the broken camera so no one can see us." I nod as agreement. Along the hallway, he takes me in a room filled with brooms, mops and cleaning stuffs. Yes, the janitor closet. It is not really big and wide space but enough to fit 3-4 people with those stuffs.

The butler kneels down to the wall on our right as he open a little door and reveals a passage. "This is the last help I can provide, Mon Cherè. Only you can fit in through this small passage. You have go straight and take your left when you meet the junction. Then you will find the exit, it'll lead you to the back of this mansion. But you have to be careful, you're in a middle of woods, right after you exit the passage, make sure to hide first behind any big trees. Then sneak out like a ninja, okay?" I nod after he finishes his instructions. 

I start to crawl in the passage but he pulls my shirt telling me to wait for a second. He hands me a small knife, "In case something happen, keep it carefully," He whispers, "It's my favorite knife."

 I take the knife and smile. "Promise me, you'll be safe," He returns with a smile as I reply, "I promise. By the way, you haven't told me your name." He chuckles, "The name's Adrien, Adrien Lopez." I let a small 'Oh' and say, "Merci, Adrien." He nods, "Vous êtes le bienvenu."

I turn around and start my journey to my freedom. The passage is really small that it'd make hard for me to push myself. I take a deep breath and continue crawling according to his guidance. After few minutes, I see the lights shining through a small door that has a lot of holes. "The exit!" I yell in whisper, enough for the rats that live in this hole to hear. As I reach the small door, I open it as the cold breeze hit my face. I step out from the hole.

  Oh how I can finally breathe the fresh air. I sigh relieved that I can get out from the hell hole. It's like a bird finally has its freedom after all its life in a cage. The sun is shining while the breeze- "What are you doing here?" A voice crashes my heart into pieces. The words send shivers down my spine, I turn my head and see;

Camille.

Third Person P.O.V

In the mean time, a white porsche is speeding as fast as it can on the long road. Of course, if it isn't Dylan who drives furiously, see how rage the man is when his love has taken by irresponsible father-in-law. The GPS beeps, showing that they're getting closer to Luther base, as known as Helium base. Let's make this a little bit more simple; A gang base. He presses the gas pedal to increase the speed, he is so impatient to save his love. He can't just lose her after all these years he had watched her. He protected her behind the silhouette and beyond her knowledge, he kept it secret until then he finally showed up after growing fatigue of living in the shadow. Now, no one can ever have her excluding him.

    Ethan, who is sitting at passenger's seat adjusts his position to aware. "Dude, I suggest you to calm down, because I don't think we can make it to your love since-" He grips the assist handle on the car ceiling when Dylan makes a sharp corner and produces screeching sound, "-YOU DRIVE SO FUCKING FAST!!". Dylan rolls his eyes, "I asked you to drive but you refused." Ethan looks at him with his 'Unbelievable' look, "Can't you see I'm sick!". "Patient needs to be patient," He smirks.

Dylan slows down the car when they meet the corner as the GPS tells him to turn his right. The car passes through the woods, nothing else just trees and bushes. Ethan turns on the radio while loading his weapon and Dylan's. "It's so damn quiet. I wonder how Amanda survives in this kingdom of silence trees," Ethan says while focusing on the weapons. Finally, he sees a little view of the big mansion. He parks the car behind a big tree, a mile away from the mansion. "All ready?" Dylan asks as Ethan nods, handing his weapon. To be specific, a riffle.

    He keeps a revolver in his jacket and a dagger in his pocket. Well, to get his love, he has to be armed. As well as he can eliminate those who dare to touch his girl. They get off of the car and ready to have a fight.

Amanda P.O.V 

 We stare to each other for while, then he breaks the silence, "Are you-" I cut him off, "Having walk. I'm looking around this big mansion since it's my father's. What kind of daughter am I if I, myself, don't even memorize this place, right?" I laugh nervously. "Then why through that small passage?" He asks curiously. While he's asking, I slip my hand into my pocket, slowly grabbing the knife Adrien gave me. "Because it's the only place I can see the mice," I say as he looks at me weirdly, I act like my father is behind him, "Oh father!" I pretend with my shocked face. He quickly turns around to see my 'father'- more like invisible father. I use the chance to kick his leg as he falls down and stab his hand, "Sorry!" I yell as I start to run. 

Camille reports the incident through his walkie talkie and warns the guards to catch me. I take a glance behind me and see those guards after me. 'Oh Gosh' I thought. I speed up and I hear a familiar voice, that Zachy bastard yells, "AMANDA COME BACK HERE FOR FUCK SAKE!". I keep running, ignoring his order. Due to lack of breath, I trip myself over a medium-sized stone enough to make me fall to the ground, "Shit," I curse under my breath. I try to get up instead, I hurt my knees. I look behind as they're getting closer. I close my eyes when I hear a loud bang from my side. I look up and see Dylan and someone I don't know, maybe his friend? rush in front of me. He shoots the guards one by one assisted with his friend, shielding each other.

Zach reaction changes when he sees Dylan, "HOLD THE FIRE!" He demands the remains guards. "Lucas?" He furrows. Who's Lucas? I watch Dylan but oh my the face, his face is like he can kill everyone right now. The sharp glare of him, directly at Zach. You'd see the irritation, annoyance and assassination in his eyes. "Lucas Dwight. We meet again," Zach says the name clearly, with a plastered smile on his face. "Tch," Dylan irks. He turns to me and says, "I'll explain to you later," He says as he gives the sign to his friend for retreat. He ignores Zach greetings and shoot his leg. He picks me up and carry me in bridal style while his friend covers us. 

As we reach his car, he places me in the back seat of his car, "Ethan, you drive."

My body does hurt but I stubbornly sit straight and look at Dylan, "Who is Lucas Dwight?" I cough. Dylan pulls out something from his pocket. He looks at me and hushes me, the thing he's holding makes me surprisingly look at him. "No-" I feel a sting of something sharp as the liquid flows into my body. "Shh.." He hushes while cover my mouth with his hand, "I love you.." He whispers and let my back rest against his chest, clearly has no energy left. My body feels numb as if it doesn't obey me anymore. Slowly the lights begin to fade away and the darkness starts to crawl back making me fall asleep.

Third Person P.O.V

Dylan snakes his hands around Amanda Luther's waist and pulls her closer to him. The warmth between these two bodies make him feel more relaxed. "Finally got you," He whispers, enough for Ethan to hear. He kisses her hair and hugs her tightly like there is no tomorrow.

Ethan takes a glance,
"So, are going to tell her your true identity?"