Believe

Chapter 2

Amanda's P.O.V

[Next Morning]

So yeah, apparently I'm arguing with my mum in the kitchen. I can't believe this is happening to me. Besides, Dad had gone for God knows how long, he won't come back and disappears for maybe 190 years. Well, maybe he's dead. I couldn't talk about the marriage problem yesterday since mum was back home late and I already asleep before seeing her face. I love her so much that I can't make her sad. Just looking at her disappointment face because of Dad disappearance made my heart scratched.

"Oh come on, mum, you don't wanna see your little daughter have a pair of swollen eyes and self harming every night thinking about her damned life," I pout. "Honey this is not about your swollen eyes or suicidal thoughts and actions, this is between alive or death," She places a plate of pancake in front of me. 

"Why is that? You mean, if I don't marry him, you or even myself will die or something? Ha ha that's-"
"Yes," She says before I could laugh dramatically. "What?" I furrow. "Yes, I will die if you don't marry him I guess, and probably they will take you by force, honey," She repeats.

So dad must have something to do with this alive and death thing. He has a connection between gang and all, even though he doesn't have one. "I thought dad had cut his connection with his and enemy's gang," I scoff. "No, honey. He did not. He made a fuss, but he succeed to make em better. Well, I don't even know, I'm just guessing. It's just.." She says as she sighs, "It's just Dylan." I take the fork and stab the pancake as I cut them into pieces. "What's up with him ?" I ask.

"I think he truly loves you. It seems like he knows you better than me- and that's what I hate myself since I'm your mother. How could I not know my own daughter? Geez." She shakes her head, "Do you have anything like in relationship or whatsoever with him? But he is really good guy, to me, you're very lucky to have him.". "Uh, I don't have one.. But seems to.." I stab another piece of pancake and eat it. Oh God, I really can't tell her how I hate him so much or she will be sad.

"Well-" Before she can finish her sentence, someone rings the door bell. We exchange questioning look to each other as I get up, "I'll get it." She nods. I quickly walk to the main door and open it, just to see Dylan and Mr. Hawk. My jaw drops as I tilt my head. 

"What the-," Mum cut me off, "Oh, Mr. Hawk and Dylan!" She smiles brightly. Mr. Hawk returns her a soft smile while Dylan is smirking. "Hello, we're taking Amanda to school today, is that fine?" Mr. Hawk asks, before mum answers him, Dylan interrupts, "Well, we're going to take her to school everyday." My eyes widen as I stare at her, hoping that she declines his silly offer. But of course not, "Oh thank you very much, how good you are to be her beloved ones," I'm about to protest her but I stop and she continues, "And how lucky you are, honey to have a very sweet boyfriend- fiancé and soon-to-be husband." Just hearing to the word 'husband' makes a shiver run down to my spine. Dylan chuckles as he nods.

"Come on, babe. Let's move now. Thank you Mrs. Beth," Dylan open his left hand, gestures me to walk into his arm, guess what, I turn my back and take my bag and yeah I do walk into his arm. How can I fake my love to him whenever mum's around for the rest of my life? Maybe I should try to love him, no- I won't. Why should I? I sigh as I take my seat beside the driver who is Dylan. Mr. Hawk, happily- sits in the back seat.

I wonder how my life will be. I wonder.