Chapter 13

THAT’S MAGIC 

Wednesday 9 November 

So today we did the big pitch of our Transition Year Projects. I saw old plastic not-so-fantastic Eavanne copying ideas from a magazine. What a swizz. She’s just a big ol’ CHEAT!! Then, when teach looked at her she slid it back into her bag. So basically her big idea from two years ago was to copy stuff out of a magazine. Her parents must be soooooo proud. We’re up next. 

11:20a.m.

Everyone loved our idea and we decided to have our first meeting tonight at five to discuss.

Just seen Murphy and he asked me again to go dancing with him later. What a bummer. I really want to go but I have a meeting planned with Ali and Siobhan AND dance class. But I really want to go. I wish I could be in two places at once and then everyone would be happy. 

3:32p.m.

Revelation. Have worked out I can just do both – if I get a lift back to meet Ali and Siobhan on M’s Vespa. Hooray for the Vespa. It’s almost as good as Dr Who’s Tardis. Unless you’re Mum in which case it’s the most dangerous thing on the planet, more dangerous than nuclear bombs or hiding the remote from Dad when the football’s on. I know she said I technically couldn’t go on it – but – here’s the magic bit. She doesn’t have to know. It’s not lying. No siree bob. No, it’s being economical with the truth.That’s a different thing completely. I have to go on the motorbike or there’s no way I can do the Murphy dance AND meet Siobhan and Ali, because Siobhan is not keen on waiting around for people, so I have no choice. It’s Vespa or bust for me. 

4:30p.m.

The dance thing was a-maz-ing – I danced with Murphy and loads of people were standing round and looking at us – we got quite a crowd. It felt so good being able to dance with him, so different to Irish Dance class – well,for a start I was allowed to move my arms. 

...........

Click the Thumbnail Below or Click Info on Mobile to Watch the Webisode.