Chapter 14

Wednesday 9 November (continued)

4:34p.m. 

And breathe. I made it to the meeting only a fraction late. I don’t know how much Siobhan’s eyes would have rolled at me if I hadn’t got a lift on Murphy’s Vespa. But it was all OK, we have now formalized Parties-to-Go and I am technically running my own business. 

We have come up with a list of things that need to bedone to get Parties-to-Go up and going: 

 1. Put flyers up in the mall. 

2. Ask around for people who need top-notch children’sparty planners. 

3. Make loads of money, get an A and beat the Wicked Witches of the West and East, as I’ve started to think of Eavanne and Sorcha. 

Ali went all weird again when his Dad turned up. Mr Ali didn’t come in and looked really stern in a big silver car outside the café until Ali left. Glad he’s not my Dad. 

Friday 11 November  

Hey guess what? A friend of a friend of Siobhan’s mum got us an interview for Parties-to-Go with Mrs Griffinand her daughter Chelsea who’s turning six and wants to party. For your entertainment I thought I would make you a brief list of things Chelsea and Chelsea’s mum need to make it the party of the year ... 

1. Magician, one 

2. Karaoke machine, one 

3. Make-up artist, one 

4. A Ferris wheel, one 

5. Face painting, face paints and someone to put them on 

6. Haunted house, one 

7. Hummer limo, just the one! Luckily!  

That’s easy then. We’ll just go down the haunted magic musical paint and pet shop and pick those things up. ‘Oh and grab us one of those Ferris wheels from out the back,will you? What’s that, you’re out of Hummer limos, oh what a shame.’ What is the deal with these Dublin mums and their children’s parties? In Boston you’re lucky to get a balloon, a piece of novelty cake and one of your friends temporarily sawn in half. 

Not complaining though. If Parties-to-Go can pull it off we’re gonna ace the Transition Year Project. Chelsea had faith in us though – we’re booked for this weekend. Parties-to-Go has officially got going. Wonder how Pulse is doing. Not. Lol.  

6:02p.m. 

Just got back from the Non-Stop Party Shop, although it didn’t feel like much of a party in there, especially when you were paying at the checkout. I bet their party spirit would quickly disappear if you couldn’t pay. Ha ha. Anyway we got tattoos (washable ones –I don’t think the Dublin Mum Brigade would like it if we did real ones lol), stickers, puppets and a book on face painting. Ali saw this magic set and made us get it. It looks really complicated. Who knows what we’re going to do with that? I should really make a list of everything we need to do for Saturday but instead I’m going to paint my friend Siobhan’s face so she looks like a Tiger. Grrrr.  

6:16p.m. 

Siobhan thinks she looks like a Tiger but I think I’ve kind of made her look stripy. I suppose Tigers are stripy. It’s nothing that can’t be perfected with a whole load of practise. By Saturday I will be the best Tiger Face Painter in the whole of Dublin. Of that I promise you.  

7:16p.m. 

All I said to Ali was ‘Stay there, I want to have a go at turning you into a butterfly face’ and he just disappeared. I know he’s supposed to be this genius magician but I didn’t know he could literally disappear into thin air. However, using my incredible powers of perception (and my ears) I managed to trace him and my Dad to the shed. I also noticed that there was a load of face glitter, the magic set and some of the crates from the move missing. Ali was in the shed for a very long time and I heard loads of sawing and I think what sounded like ‘Dadah!’ I wonder if he is up to no good. When I asked him afterwards he said ‘wait and see’, then I asked Siobhan and she said ‘who knows’ and then when I asked Dad later he said, ‘Aisling, why don’t you wait and see’. How would they like it if I just went around telling everyone to wait and see?

...........

Click the Thumbnail Below or Click Info on Mobile to Watch the Webisode.