Chapter 30

Wednesday 21 December (continued) 

6:40 p.m.

Murphy took me up to the Wicklow mountains on his Vespa. He took me to this tiny pub where all these guys were dancing. But they weren’t dancing the staid and boring dance that Mrs Kennedy teaches, they were whooping and hollering and dancing. It was wild. I can’t believe that all the Irish Dancing I’ve ever done is based on these guys. Why can’t we learn Irish Dancing like that? Why does it have to be ringlets and glitter and competition steps to please the judges that wouldn’t know good dancing if it danced all over their heads?

Murphy and I went right into the middle of the dancers. We couldn’t really do it but everyone was bouncing around like some kind of mosh pit. If one of the old guys had started crowd surfing I wouldn’t have been all that surprised! Lol. Murphy and I kept getting pushed up against each other, at one point I thought he was going to kiss me but maybe it was all the excitement getting us carried away–besides I was too busy watching the old guys do their thing. I would never be able to do a quarter of the moves that those guys can do and some of them must have been in their 80s. Woop woop.

I never knew Irish Dance could be so cool, when I was dancing I felt so free. Free as a bird! Free as a free bird!!

11:15 p.m.

And it was all going so well.

...........

Click the Thumbnail Below or Click Info on Mobile to Watch the Webisode.