Chapter 23

Friday 9 December

7:01 a.m.

This is it. It’s here. The day of the Library Flash Mob and Cousin Shane’s party. And breathe. Last night I dreamt I was stuck underneath a huge inflatable castle which looked a bit like Killer Kennedy and everyone was bouncing up and down on it, Mum, Dad, Aunty Stell, Eavanne, Siobhan and Ali. Murphy was trying to get me out but every time he tried to grab me I’d slip further underneath. I wonder what that means?

I also wonder how it’s all going to go.

Well, there’s only one way to find out.

Wish me luck!

8:03 a.m.

I believe I’m in the midst of advanced panic. I can’t do this, there’s no way I can do this. The only thing that runs totally on time is Swiss cuckoo clocks. I’m bound to be late for Siobhan and Ali and Shane’s party. So instead I’m gonna hide under my duvet all day and pretend I never heard of flashmobbing, Parties-to-Go or even Dublin.

Wait. This is not the good old Aisling Fitzsimons we all know and love. Of course I can do this. Arise Aisling from your bed, take your hand from that big bag of Doritos and go and conquer the world. Or a kids’ party and a school library at least.

:p

10:07 a.m.

We got our masks. They’re kinda cool and a bit scary. Like in the Batman movies. 

10:09 a.m.

Murphy has confirmed kick-off time is 4 p.m. All running as smoothly as a Swiss cuckoo clock so far. Murphy’s also said he’ll give me a ride over to Aunty Stell’s afterwards, therefore reducing my need to run like the wind. I know I’m not technically allowed to go on the back of his bike but it saves me time and a lot of running. Besides, I look really inelegant when running. It’s one of the things I would like to improve but when am I ever going to find the time for that?

3:30 p.m. 

Final checks with Siobhan and Aunty Stell at Aunty Stell’s house. I think Parties-to-Go was the right mix of organization and pizzazz! Lol. Especially Ali.

...........

Click the Thumbnail Below or Click Info on Mobile to Watch the Webisode.