Chapter 22

Thursday 8 December

NEWS JUST IN: Siobhan says Murphy and his mates nearly got EXPELLED from school last year for doing something at the school. She wouldn’t say what exactly and before I could ask her she started talking about me being on time on Friday. This can’t be right –surely if they nearly got expelled last year, they wouldn’t do the same thing this year, would they? Actually, I can kind of see JP not having the brains to realize, but Murphy – noooo way, right?

Days gone by without telling my Mum about quitting Irish Dance lessons: 1

One is OK – anyone can forgive ‘One’ day, right? One day is completely forgivable. Umm. This I know. Day One is just the day when you choose the right moment and the right words.

4:12p.m.

Granny Nora gave me the weirdest look when I got back tonight, like she knew all about Irish Dance class and Murphy and everything. I wanted to tell her everything. But, how could she in her sixties understand that I don’t want to do Irish Dancing any more, that I feel happier hanging out with a boy my parents don’t like who rides a motorbike? I’m not even sure I understand what’s happening to me, so how on earth could she? But I had to call Murphy so I went to my room and left her chatting to Mum. 

...........

Click the Thumbnail Below or Click Info on Mobile to Watch the Webisode.