New Seeker

Edited!!

Madame Hooch turned to the rest of the class, her little hawk eyes narrowed coldly.

"None of you is to move while I take this boy to the hospital wing! You leave those brooms where they are or you'll be out of Hogwarts before you could say 'Quidditch'. Come on, dear." Neville was sobbing quietly, his pale face streaked with tears. Madame Hooch gripped his elbows gently and helped him hobble off back inside the school.

The second they were gone, Malfoy decided to make his presence known by bursting into laughter. I turned to face him and put my hands on my hips. Once again I was reminded of how much I hated him – from his neatly combed, white-blonde hair to his carefully polished shoes that probably cost as much money as it did to feed fifteen hungry children for a month.

"Did you see his face?” Malfoy laughed. “That great lump.”

The other Slytherins joined in, mocking Neville by making cruelly accurate expressions that matched his when he fell off the broom. I clenched my fists, wishing that fighting wasn't against the rules.

"Shut up, Malfoy." Parvati Patil glared down at the Slytherin, who was three inches shorter than her.

"Oooh!" Pansy Parkinson sneered, she was an ugly Slytherin girl with an even more hideous attitude. Her favorite hobby was mocking other students loudly. "Sticking up for Longbottom. Never thought you'd like fat little cry-babies, Parvati."

"If you didn't hear Parvati the first time, Parkinson," I ridiculed, looking down my nose at her. "Shut up!"

"Look!" Malfoy suddenly yelled, running forward and snatching something from the grass. "Its that stupid thing Longbottom's gran sent him!" The Remembral glittered in the sun while Malfoy held it up.

"Good. Now give it to me, you little ferret," I stepped forward with my arms outstretched. The class went silent to watch. Over Malfoy's shoulder, I could see Hermione shaking her head furiously at me.

The slimy blonde-haired Slytherin just smirked nastily at me.

"Or what?" he challenged.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Or I'll kick you where it hurts, Malfoy."

Crabbe and Goyle stepped behind him. For eleven-year-olds, they were surprisingly huge. Their arms were flabby and their guts dipped over their belts. If it was a fight between me and them, I would be crushed. Still, I smiled.

"Need help to fight a girl, Malfoy?” I jeered, trying to ignore the way the two boys glared at me. “I can't say I'm surprised.”

He turned a slight pink, but didn't tell his bodyguards to leave. "I think I'll leave it somewhere to find - how about - a tree?"

"I told you to give it to me!” I snapped.

But Malfoy already flew into the air, stopping at a level just above an oak. "Come and get it, Nixie Potter!"

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "I wouldn't like to be expelled, thank you very much. Maybe you should just grow up and give me back the Remembral."

He smiled evilly. "Or are you scared you'll fall off your broom just like Longbottom, you little know-it-all!" he called down, making the Slytherins snigger.

I flushed a deep scarlet and grabbed my broom. Harry stepped forward before I mounted it. “No! He's not worth it.”

“Yes, listen to your brother, Smaller Potter,” Malfoy smirked down at me.