Interrogation

Aj's P.O.V.

Why does my father always have these huge parties? Every time I come home he feels the need to throw an over-extravagant party! Most of the time I don't even know half of the people there anyway. Most of them just come to be on my father's good side... believe me I've read their thoughts.

I'm stuck here waiting to be introduced at the party. Bri, Sarah, Leah, and Mia were already at the party probably having a lot more fun than I was.

A guard comes and stands next to me. "It's almost time." He whispers. I nodded as I carefully listened for my father to start speaking.

"I'm sure you all know why I'm having this party." He paused and the people cheered. "My daughter has returned home!" Even louder cheers. I knew most of the people couldn't care less why he was throwing a party. "Some of you have never met her but here is my daughter Ariabella Jennavive." I cringed at hearing my full name. I plastered a fake smile on my face as the doors opened and I carefully walked down the steps to met my father at the bottom.

Once I reached the bottom my father gently wrapped my arm around his and kissed my cheek."It's good to have you home he whispered.

Home? I haven't considered this place my home since my mother was murdered by those British vampires. And that was over a hundred years ago.

~Flashback~

"Momma Momma come on. Daddy said to meet him in the gardens." I said as I ran into my parents room. She was just finishing putting up her hair. She smiled at me. "Okay I'm ready lets go." We walked out of the room and down a hallway.

"Momma are you feeling okay? You look different." I asked.

"I'm feeling fine sweety. But I have a question." I looked at her waiting for her to respond. "How would you like a new brother or sister." I opened my eyes really wide. she looked at me a laughed. "I'll take that as a yes." she said as we finally made it out the door that led to the gardens.

We rounded the corner when a man jumped down from the trees around us. He had a mask on and wore nothing but black. My mother held me protectively close to her.

"Hand over the girl and no one will get hurt." He said from in front of us with a thick British accent.

"Never!" My mother responded icily.

"I warned you." He said as he ran forward. She pushed me out of the way and I screamed. The man hit her at full speed and she flew at least 20 feet. The man turned to me, "Come here Sweetheart. Don't make me come get you." He said as he took another step forward.

My mother quickly jumped to her feet and charged at him. She knocked him down but he was quick, too quick. He grabbed her and was about to snap her neck. "Any last words?" He said to her.

She looked at me with sorrow. "I'm sorry Aria. I love you. Now close your eyes." I obeyed and closed my eyes.

"I love you too momma." I said right before I heard a sickening snap. I heard footsteps get closer in front of me. I opened my eyes and looked up at the man who just killed my mother. He grabbed my arm and pulled me to my feet.

"It's time to go." I pulled and tried to get out of his grip, but his grip just kept getting tighter and tighter the more I tried. Eventually I gave up. He pulled my to the side gate of the garden. When I was yanked out of his grip from behind. I looked up to see my father, his eyes a dark red and his fangs bared.

I held onto my father for dear life. The man looked at me then at my father. "I'll get her yet." He promised as he jumped over the gate and ran.

"Guards get him!" My father yelled as he held me close.