16

16th Chapter

It was almost midnight but Luhan and his friends were still there, celebrating his homecoming. Sehun had to leave earlier though, for he had to take Eun Mi and Hyerin home. But they had school the next day so they began to leave one by one.

“Hey, Baek, we should get going now. The police might catch us since we’re still in uniform.” Chanyeol told him.

“I know, I know. I’ll just use the restroom.” Baekhyun said.

When he got out of the restroom, he was a little surprised to see Luhan waiting outside. “Oh hyung. Chanyeol & I are going ahead.”

Luhan nodded. Baekhyun was about to walk away when he said, “You seem pretty close with the Princess.”

Baekhyun stopped in his tracks. “Uhh, yeah. I guess. We’re seatmates in class and activity partners.”

Luhan raised a brow. “Oh? She seems to be pretty attached to you already.”

He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. “It doesn’t seem to be like that for me.” He eyed his hyung. “Are you getting jealous, hyung? Well, you’re her fiancé candidate but –“

“Are you alright?”

He got confused by Luhan’s question. “Huh? Alright? Of course. What do you –“

“So you finally moved on from the past? You have suffered before.” Luhan’s face was unreadable.

Baekhyun got taken aback. He almost forgot that Luhan was one of the few people who knew about what happened in middle school. “I.. uhh, I guess so.”

His hyung gave him a long, piercing look. Like he was trying to find out what Baekhyun was thinking. Luhan was genuinely worried for his dongsaeng, knowing how it was before. He let out a long sigh. “Well, I guess you’re fine. It’s been a long time already.”

Baekhyun nodded. “I’ll get going, hyung.”

“You have a thing for her, don’t you?” Luhan asked him with a smirk.

Baekhyun frowned at him. “No.”

Luhan raised a brow. “Oh?” He crossed his arms. “You know, Baekhyun-ah, my parents would love it if I’ll really be her fiancé. I’m betting for it, too.”

“What exactly are you getting at, hyung?”

“You’re getting close to her and that’s a threat to me.” And for Sehunnie. “So, I would like it if you just stay away from the Princess.” He started to walk away and pass by him when Baekhyun said something he didn’t really expect.

“What if I won’t?”

He faced him. “What?”