41

41st Chapter

“And who might this young man be?”

Baekhyun took a deep breath and brought up his head. “Good day, Sir. I’m Byun Baekhyun. Eun Mi’s boyfriend.”

“Boyfriend, you say? I’m sorry but I can’t let you date my daughter. You’re too skinny and short and ugly.”

Baekhyun glared at the guy in front of him. “What’s that supposed to mean?!”

“Like how it literally means. Now, get out of my sight and disappear from our lives forever!” Chanyeol bellowed.

“Now, Chanyeol-ah, slap him for greater effect.” Chen instructed with a mischievous smirk.

“That’s now how the – oh, forget about it.” Baekhyun raised his hands in exasperation and slumped down the couch.

“Hey, Baek, I haven’t slapped you yet.” Chanyeol rubbed his hands together.

“Stop it, you giant, or I’ll kick your ass.” He threatened before closing his eyes. He had never been this stressed in months. This was mental torture. “I asked you guys for help but you are just making fun of me.”

“Hey, I’ve been working pretty hard on my acting. And Kyungsoo still hasn’t said his parts as the Princess’ mom.” Chanyeol gestured at Kyungsoo who shot him a dirty look.

“For the last time, leave me out of this. Why am I the mother anyway?” Kyungsoo complained.

“Because I said so, as the director.” Chen stated.

“Whose idea is this roleplaying thing anyway? I asked you guys for advice.” Baekhyun muttered.

“It will get you prepared for the real thing. We’re acting out different scenarios and endings here.” Suho, the one who suggested this, answered.

“Yeah, so you should let Chanyeol slap you.” Kai said with a snicker.

Baekhyun messed up his hair. “Ah, I’m going crazy.”

He wanted so much to man up and show to the whole world that he deserved to be with the Princess more than anyone else that’s why he came up with the idea of meeting her parents and get their approval. But after that night that he told the Princess about it, he can’t have his mind at ease. He got constantly anxious and worried. What did he have to do to make a good impression on her parents? They were pretty well-known and respected in the whole country, even in the whole world, that it would be no joke to introduce his self to them.

What if they won’t like him? Will they force him to end things up with the Princess or else they’ll ruin his family like how those stuck-up royalties do in the dramas? He grimaced. That was too cliché and stupid. But, well, the Baes were a very influential clan and they can easily do that. He mentally shook his head. These thoughts would just make him more depressed. And he had just promised the Princess that he would build his confidence.