23

23rd Chapter

Suho still can’t believe the news that his parents just broke to him. He almost choked on his food when his father announced over dinner that he was going to be the Princess’ next fiancé candidate. He always knew that his family was one of the Bae’s business partners but he didn’t expect that he was going to be one of them. And now, he was supposed to have lunch with his possibly future wife.

To think about it, he doesn’t have anything to complain. In fact, he should be grateful. He must admit that she was really beautiful and the most sought after girl in school, or Seoul for that matter, but… to be completely honest, he can’t see himself dating her. Most importantly, it wasn’t helping that two, or possibly three if he’s correct with his suspicions about Sehun, of his closest friends are having special feelings for her.

If he’s going to attend this lunch date, it will be like betraying his friends. He doesn’t want to be tangled with their complicated story. He wants to be of help to them, but clearly this candidate thing wouldn’t be helping. But if he skips out, it will be an insult to the Bae family and his parents would surely be furious with him. Does the Princess even want to meet him? If only she would be the one to back out from this kind of arrangement..

An idea hit him. Well, maybe he can’t do anything about it, but someone could. He got his phone and stared at it for a few moments. Was he really going to do this? He took a deep breath and dialed someone’s number. Something was telling him that this guy won’t be able to stand still when it comes to things related to the Princess.

A few rings and his friend picked up the phone. “Hyung?”

“Baekhyun-ah.” He said with a smile, though his friend can’t see it from the other line.

“Why are you calling? Are you going to treat me lunch today?” Baekhyun chuckled.

“No, not today. But speaking of lunch..”

“Hmm?”

He’s starting to feel guilty, making his friend take him off the hook, but this concerns Baekhyun more, right? “I’m going to a lunch date with someone.”

“For real?” Baekhyun sounded incredulous. “So is it the school librarian or the old lady in the cafeteria? I think the librarian suits you more, hyung.”

Suho sighed. He was used to his friends teasing him about his old-fashioned ways and nonexistent lovelife. “No, it’s not.”

“Hmm.. alright. Then maybe your middle school adviser? I had always thought she has a thing for you. But hyung, why the heck are you calling me about your lunch date?”

“Because it concerns you.”

“Me? Sorry, hyung, but I prefer girls around my age. You can have all the ahjummas to yourself.”

“I’m being serious here, Baek.”

Baekhyun got silent for a few moments. He doesn’t have an idea what this thing is about but he now knew that Suho wasn’t joking. “Then just tell me what it is.”