44

44th Chapter

Clenching his fists tightly, Baekhyun continued to glare at Kim Taehyung who was smirking at him. What nonsense was he talking about? Eun Mi now belonged to him and there was no way he was going to let that Taejerk rekindle his nonexistent romance with his girlfriend.

Eun Mi noticed that Baekhyun was furious so she stood beside him and held one of his hands. He got startled and turned to look at her. She unclenched his fist and gave him a reassuring smile before placing her attention on Taehyung. The latter had his eyes squinted at their joined hands.

“Taehyung-ah.” She called. Taehyung set his eyes on her, his gaze softening. “I’m sorry if I didn’t give you a response before. It was too sudden and it was the first time someone confessed to me so I didn’t know what to do. But I’m together with Baekhyun now so I can’t accept your feelings. And even if he isn’t here, I still can’t because I only see you as a childhood friend. I’m sorry.” She bowed towards him.

Taehyung just stared at her for a few seconds after what she said. He expected that, of course, but he was just amused that the Princess who was very reserved and shy before had changed so much. She didn’t hesitate now to voice out her feelings and stand up for what she wants. It was a new charm of hers. Was that Byun Baekhyun the reason why she changed? It’s such a shame I can’t have her now. But it isn’t too late, right? It’s not like they’ll be together forever. He smirked at this realization.

“It’s alright, Eun Mi.” He responded. “I wasn’t really expecting you to dump him for me. You’re too kind for that.” He gave Baekhyun a quick mocking glance.

Now, that made Baekhyun angrier. It was like Taehyung was implying that Eun Mi was just staying with him out of kindness. If Eun Mi wasn’t holding his hand, he might have punched the crap out of that jerk.

Taehyung sighed. “I guess I have to give up my feelings for now. But, I’m still your escort for this party so I’m afraid you can’t stay too long with Byun Baekhyun-ssi. The dance is starting.” He rested his eyes at Baekhyun. “You don’t mind if I dance with the Princess for awhile, do you? Mr. Bae might not like it if she won’t stay close to me.”

Eun Mi bit her lower lip. She wanted to leave the party with Baekhyun but she will disappoint her father. A lot of reporters were there and she needed to be seen with Taehyung for the sake of business.

“Come back to me, okay?” Baekhyun suddenly spoke beside her. She looked up at him. He didn’t like that she would stay with Taehyung but he understood enough to let her.

“Are you sure?” She asked warily.

He nodded before turning to Taehyung. “Just try to do anything repulsive to Eun Mi and I’ll rip your head off.” He threatened coldly.

Taehyung sneered. “You don’t really trust me. Don’t worry, I’m a gentleman and the last thing I would ever do is to offend the Princess.” He walked a few steps towards Eun Mi and offered his arm. “Shall we go, Eun Mi?”

The Princess nodded once. She gave Baekhyun a quick peck on the cheek. “Thank you.” She whispered before accompanying Taehyung to the middle of the hall.