29

29th Chapter

Hyerin crossed her arms and shot a pointed look at her brother. Sehun didn’t seem to be bothered by it as he continued to press his fingers continuously on the game controller.

“Sehun. Stop playing and talk to me.” She said sternly.

“I can talk to you while playing.” He answered in a bored tone.

“Okay. That’s it.” She stormed her way behind the television and pulled the electric plugs.

“Yah! What’s your problem?!” Sehun complained angrily at her.

“I have no problem. It’s you who has one.” She sighed. “I’m your sister, Sehun. I’ve known you since forever so I know when there’s something bothering you. Since yesterday, you’ve stayed holed up in your room and refusing to talk to anyone. Eun Mi’s worried, too, you know. She was here yesterday but you didn’t even come out to greet her.”

“I’m not feeling well. The summer heat is killing me.” He reasoned out.

“Oh, cut the crap. Tell me, did something happen between you and Eun Mi at the fair?”

Sehun froze for a second before he replied, “Everything’s fine, Hyerin.”

Her lips formed a thin line. Sehun was being stubborn again and it frustrates her more. She was about to shoot more questions at him when her phone rang. She gave Sehun a look, saying I’m not done with you yet, before answering it.

Sehun slouched his back against the sofa and closed his eyes. He was not okay, obviously. After watching that video, for the first time in many years, he cried. It hurt so freaking much. How couldn’t he feel that way when he just found out that the girl he loved all his life likes someone else already? He knew he’s being a sissy about it but he can’t do anything else. Their family was against them so how could he ever turn away from the people that accepted him like he was their own?

He can’t face Eun Mi yesterday so he decided to lock himself in his room. Let them think that he was just going through a phase. He’ll get over this soon, right? Even if it seems so far away right now.

Hyerin ended the call and looked at him. “Get dressed, Sehun.”

Sehun opened an eye to peek at her. “And for what reason?”

“We’re going to the Bae manor.”

“I’m not in the mood to –“

“It was Eun Mi’s personal maid who called. It’s that time of the year again. Don’t tell me you’re not worried for her? Come on, we have to visit her.”

When Sehun heard that, he bolted straight and stood up. “How is she?” Worry was written all over his face now.