Girls vs. Boys (4) - Aftermath

November 7th, 2007

“This stain is never going to come out,” I snapped as Dallas and I walked to his car. He had thrown his ice cream away, but he still unfortunately had the necklace that he was going to give to Trinity. If only that had gotten destroyed and not my ice cream and shirt… “I can’t believe the nerve of that guy!”

“He doesn’t go to my school, so I don’t know who he is,” Dallas informed me as we continue to walk, since the place was so crowded and we had to get parking blocks away. “I wonder what school he goes to.”

“He probably doesn’t go to any school at all,” I pouted, looking out into the street as we crossed it. “He looked like a total idiot. He’s probably a dropout or something. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was.”

Dallas shrugged. “You’re probably right.”

“It’s just so ridiculous!” I continued to rant, not planning on stopping anytime soon. “What guy acts like that toward a girl? It’s so stupid! I feel bad for the girls he has to go to school with. I feel bad for any girl in his life! I’m glad I only had to see him tonight…”

“You’re ranting, Jordy,” Dallas laughed once we had reached his car. He opened the door for me, but I was too upset to smile about it. Normally I was thrilled when Dallas did this type of thing for me, but right then I was definitely not happy. “I don’t think I’ve ever seen you this worked up about something before.”

I never thought that I’d be able to meet such an inconsiderate jerk in my life! I just didn’t think that it was possible! Was that how people were supposed to treat each other when they first meet? If it was, then I didn’t want to meet anyone else in my entire life.

“Jesse…” I growled, my hands balling into fists as I continued to sit in the passenger seat. Dallas was driving, of course, and I just continued to brood beside him as I thought of the jerk who not only ruined my favorite shirt, but my outing with Dallas as well.

“You shouldn’t get so worked up over an idiot like that,” Dallas advised, not even looking in my direction as he continued to watch the road. “He’s not worth any of your time. You’ll probably never seen him again, anyway. Don’t let him ruin your night.”

Even though I was sure Dallas was right, I wasn’t about to just forget about this Jesse guy. Since I went to an all-girls school, I didn’t have to deal with seeing him at school. But he lived in the same town as me, so there was always the chance I would see him again.

“Can you drop me off at my grandma’s house instead of my own?” I asked him unhappily, still staring out the window as my arms continued to stay crossed over my chest. “I want to see her before I go home.”

“Alrighty,” Dallas sighed, turning into her driveway quickly so I could hop right out without having to go into the street. “Do you want me to stay here so I can drive you home afterwards?”

“No thanks,” I responded with a shake of my head, smiling back at him forcefully. I still wasn’t in a great mood, but I didn’t want him to know that. “I’ll just walk home, since it’s not very far. I do it all the time.”

Dallas blinked at me. “Are you sure?”

I smiled for real at his concern, happy that he was worried about me. But since I walked home from my grandmother’s in the dark all the time, there was nothing that he had to worry about. “No, I’m sure. I’ll see you later.”

He smiled back at me. “I’ll see you later.”

He pulled out of the drive way and drove away, me waving at him until I couldn’t see his car anymore. When he was finally out of sight, I whipped out my phone and immediately dialed Lexi’s number.