Girls vs. Boys (28) - Secret

March 3rd, 2010

Jesse’s P.O.V.

I whistled as I walked down the street, eyeing the people as they walked by me. I always felt uneasy while walking alone at night. I might have had my license, but that didn’t mean my mother let me borrow the car whenever I wanted…

When I passed by the alley, I thought nothing of it. But when I was suddenly being grabbed, I knew I shouldn’t have been walking all alone out at night.

“You’re apart of Hunter’s gang, aren’t you?” the smallest of the four men asked, and I didn’t know if I should have told them the truth or not. Either way, I was sure I was going to get the crap beaten out of me. “That asshole stole money from me a few months ago.

I tsked. “Sorry, boys, but there’s nothing I can do about that. I’m sure we’ve already spent all your money anyway.”

This got me a strong punch to the stomach, which caused me to double over in pain. I coughed a few times, not believing I had gotten myself into this mess.

“Okay, I’m sure we can settle this like gentlemen,” I tried as I stood back up straight, knowing that my mom would freak out if I came home battered and bruised. “We don’t need to involve any type of violence…”

“Oh, yes,” the biggest one started, cracking his knuckles, “we do.”

When he swung for me, I ducked, swinging my foot and letting it connect with his ankle. He fell to the ground and before I could even react, the three other guys lunged at me. I was punched and kicked, and I knew if these guys had a knife, it would have been used. But much to my own surprise, I was actually winning after a few minutes.

“Let’s get out of here!” one of them shouted, and I couldn’t help but smirk even though I was in pain. The four of them quickly ran off, and I didn’t collapse until they were out of sight. I wasn’t about to show any weakness.

I laid on my stomach for a few moments, trying to catch my breath as I tried to think of what to do. If I went home like this, my mom would definitely freak out. But then again, I didn’t know how bad my injuries were, so I might have had to go to the hospital…

“What the hell was that?”

At the sound of this voice, I nearly jumped right out of my skin. I looked up to see Jordan staring down at me, as if I was the craziest person on the face of the planet. I only continued to lie there, trying to think of an excuse to tell her, but ended up with nothing.

“You must be insane,” she gasped, out of breath for a reason that I didn’t know as she kneeled down onto her knees and pulled me over so I was now resting on her lap. She hadn’t been the one fighting, so why was she breathing so hard? Well… she could have been scared… “Fighting with four guys… and winning. That just can’t be possible for a normal human being! Especially a seventeen-year-old!”

“Let’s just say I’ve got a lot of training…” I groaned, trying to get up but failing miserably.

“What?” she asked, her eyebrows furrowing at me.

I then realized that I had said too much. “Never mind. It’s not important.”

If she knew why I really had gotten into a fight… everything with her would have been different. She couldn’t ever know. She was the last person I wanted to know.

“We need to get you to a hospital,” she said, trying her best to push me up onto my feet but failing miserably. “You’re way too heavy for me to carry.”

“Thanks for calling me fat,” I grunted, readjusting myself on her lap now.

“I’m not calling you fat!” she snapped, glaring down at me like she always did. “You’re a seventeen-year-old guy, and I’m a sixteen-year-old girl! Do you really think I could pick you up? It’d be really sad if I could!”