Girls vs. Boys (34) - Falling

December 27th, 2010

“You have to talk,” Chelsea informed AJ flatly as we sat in my kitchen. “Come on, AJ. You can’t be silent all because that slut did what she did and won’t talk to any of us anymore. You have to be happier about all of this.”

AJ still didn’t speak, and I was about to give up all hope. Was she going to be mute for the rest of her life or something? I could have sworn I hadn’t heard her voice in nearly three days, after everything that had happened!

“Just give up, Chelsea,” I groaned, placing my head in my arms now. “There’s no use. We can’t force her to talk if she doesn’t want to. I’m sure she’ll talk sooner or later if we just give her some time.”

“But…” was all Chelsea could say, because she then let out a sigh. “I guess you’re right. She just needs time, I guess. I’ll leave her alone about it… for now.”

I only rolled my eyes at her, even though I did agree with her. The more time we gave AJ, the more likely she was going to talk to us. The sooner she started talking again, the better everything was going to be. I just hoped that she was okay and not too hurt over what AJ had done.

“We haven’t heard from Lexi in three days either,” Chelsea informed us worriedly, as if we didn’t know. “I’m really worried about her. Why wouldn’t she talk to us after what happened with Aimee and Bruce?”

AJ said nothing, and I did the same. I just didn’t know how to respond, and AJ was upset with the fact that Aimee hadn’t talked to her in three days either. Not that I minded that; I was hoping we’d never have to talk to her ever again.

“We should go over to Lexi’s house to see if she’s okay,” I suggested, not knowing if there was anything else that we could do. “She has to be there. There’s nowhere else she would go, especially without us.”

Chelsea agreed with me eagerly, but AJ only nodded solemnly. Sooner or later she’d be able to forget about Aimee. People lost best friends all the time because of things like this. She shouldn’t have been that upset about it. She should have felt bad for Lexi, not Aimee.

We hopped into AJ’s car and quickly made our way to Lexi’s house, which wasn’t that far away from mine. When we got there, everything looked as normal as it always did, so I didn’t think that anything was up just yet.

“So now what do we do?” Chelsea suddenly asked after we sat in the car for a few moments in silence. “Are we just going to sit there and hope that she comes outside or something? She might not even be home.”

“She’s home,” I said, not knowing why I had said it. “I can just tell.”

As we piled out of the car, I started getting a little nervous. I didn’t know how Lexi was. She could have been a crying mess, or she could have been completely in denial about it. She hadn’t ever gone through anything like this before. None of us have.

“I hope she’s not acting like Jordan did when Dallas ditched her at the prom,” Chelsea muttered, and I didn’t know if she intended for me to hear it or not. I scowled at her, which she saw, and she only smiled at me.

I then frowned. “I hope she wasn’t acting like I was. I was miserable.”

“And you and Dallas weren’t even together,” Chelsea reminded, as if I needed to know, and it didn’t make me feel any better about anything. The last thing I wanted right then was to be reminded of Dallas or anything like him.

I now knocked on Lexi’s front door, hoping that she would answer it so we wouldn’t have to go through her parents. Don’t get me wrong, I loved Mr. and Mrs. Lightle, it was just that I didn’t want to make all of this a big deal.