Girls vs. Boys (18) - The Shocking Kiss

April 20th, 2008

I looked like a princess the night before. My hair and makeup was perfect, my dress made me look amazing, I had a prince on my arm, and everything else was just absolutely perfect. But today, my hair was messy and my unwashed makeup was all over my face from my tears. My prince turned out to be a frog, and everything was absolutely horrible.

“I don’t ever want to see him again,” I sobbed into my pillow as my mother soothingly rubbed my shoulder. This used to help when I was younger, but it didn’t seem to help anymore. A shoulder rub just didn’t fix a broken heart. “I can’t believe he would do something like this to me! I can’t believe him!”

I thought I was going to throw up. I had felt sick to my stomach all night. I just felt so sick, and it was all Dallas’s fault. If it wasn’t for him, I would have been perfectly fine and nothing would have been wrong with me. If it wasn’t for him, I wouldn’t be bawling my eyes out…

“Shh, Jordan,” my mother tried to sooth, but it did no good. That definitely wasn’t going to stop me from crying. At that moment, I didn’t think that I’d ever be able to stop crying. This was my first real broken heart…

“I still think I should be able to kick his ass,” Austin told us from the doorway, but I didn’t even acknowledge his existence, though my mother did. “I’ll kick his ass and make him apologize to you.”

“Austin,” my mother warned, letting out a sigh and standing up from sitting on my bed. “You know that isn’t the smart thing to do. You’ll just be the one that gets in trouble. Even though I wouldn’t be bothered by it…” She mumbled the last part, as if she didn’t want us to hear, but we did. “And you know that your sister doesn’t want to see him anytime soon,” my mother finished now.

“I never want to see him ever again!” I corrected, my face still in my pillow.

“And you know that your sister never wants to see him ever again,” my mother sighed now, correcting herself.

Austin shook his head and left my room, grumbling as he did so. He obviously was not happy with the fact that our mother wasn’t going to let him beat up his best friend. I wouldn’t have minded if he beat him up… I was actually encouraging him to do so. He couldn’t have gotten in that much trouble for beating him up, right?

For the first time ever, I felt absolute hatred for Trinity Robertson. It almost seemed hard to believe that I felt this way. I had always been annoyed by her, but I never hated her because she always tried to be nice to me. But after what had happened the night before, I hated her just as much as I hated Jesse. I might have even hated Dallas as much as I hated Jesse…

“Well, I have to head off to work now,” my mother sighed, patting me on my head lightly before soothing my messy hair back as well as she could. “I’ll be back before your father is. Are you going to be alright, Jordan? I can take today off, if you want me to…”

“No, I’m fine,” was all I said, not even knowing if it was the truth or not. “I just feel like being alone right now. If I need something, I’ll just ask Austin or something. I think that all I really need is some sleep.”

I had barely slept at all the night before, because I was either crying or waking up from nightmares only after a few minutes of sleep. I didn’t know how long this was going to haunt me; I could only hope that it wouldn’t haunt me for too long.

My mother left, and I was all alone. My eyes were filled with dried up tears, and my face was wet from all the tears that had fallen. I didn’t think I would be able to get up to go to school the next day. I actually kind of wondered when I would be able to go back to school because I had no idea how long I would feel this way… It felt like it would last forever.