Chapter Nineteen

05:30AM

My raging alarm does nothing but irritate me to consciousness. I jump out of bed and make my way to the bathroom. Sweet Jesus, my hair is a mess! I don't know what corrupted me to sleep with it out and bushy, now it's a catastrophe. Whatever, I'll deal with it later.

Today's going to be my first day as a lone wolf. I'll probably be greeted with friendly female faces in the lobby, but as soon as I go upstairs, it's free penises for everyone! Also, Matt and I aren't really an item anymore, but I don't have the energy nor time to dwell on that.

Turning on the shower, I jump in and cleanse myself, rubbing the last of that piece of scum off my body. No more Legato for me, no matter how attractive he is.

As soon as I get out, I wrap a towel around myself and start to brush my teeth. Last night, Claire didn't text back. She didn't call or text. I just wish she could see Denny after all these years. It's been almost three years since I've seen Denny, but it's been more than double that in Claire's case. I put my toothbrush away and dry off.

Walking into my room, I tie my curly hair into a bun. I'm going to leave the hardcore mess until after work. Maybe I should try texting Claire again? It is most likely that she won't pick up since it's half past six in the morning.

I have to figure out what I'm going to wear today, so I go into my closet that I've missed so much. As always, I start from the bottom and work my way to the top. In conclusion, I have decided to wear light beige wedges and a beige nude cut out bodicon pencil dress. On top of that, I'm wearing a simple white blazer and a cream Chanel flap bag to go with the summer heat.

Once I'm fully dressed, I stand in front of the mirror and just stare at myself

You're beautiful, beautiful.
What lies were they...

I turn to the side to make sure that neither my curves nor behind seem too conspicuous. They both do, but who gives a shit. It's not like guys even look at me.

I think I should wear my hair down today. It's curly, it's big and it's mine. Right now, being and looking professional isn't my priority. I just want to look out for my family right now. I leave a note for Alice and Denny, who both stayed over last night, just to let them know when I left and when I'll be back. Today isn't a really long day and I should be back before five.

I fill my bag with the essentials I need and make my way down to the garage. Down there, I practically hug my Audi that I have missed so much. Starting the car, I squeal softly to myself. I check the time while driving.

06:55AM

It's all good. I'm on time for work.
After a short drive, I pull up at the magical café that I always eat at and I walk in. Carl waves at me immediately and I sit in the seat he always reserves for me in the mornings. I don't see why he does it because I'm almost always the only one here in the mornings.