Chapter Forty-Seven

A/N

I think I forgot to update yesterday, I'm kinda drawing a blank here, but here's another chapter just in case I didn't😊

Enjoy!

- Eve
.............................................................

06:50AM

The moment the door swings open, his head gets knocked back and he falls flat on his butt. He clutches his jaw and particularly favours his cheek, rubbing at the bruising left there.

Before I can lunge after him again with another attack, I feel myself being pulled back by big arms. Turning around quickly, I give Matt a deadly glare and he releases me, but closes the gap between Jude and I by standing between us.

"What the hell, Liz!" Jude exclaims, rubbing his jaw.

"Shut up! You rapist!" I spit.

His eyes widen so much, I'm surprised they haven't fallen out yet. Speedily, his head snaps to Matt, looking for answers. Instead of words, he gets a helping hand up onto his two feet. Rather than Matt staying there, holding Jude up, he leaves him to stand on his own.

Denny lurks not far behind me. I can tell he is longing for the chance to take a whack at Jude. Without a doubt, we both are. This is personal. This isn't an illness that has claimed Claire, like it claimed my father, this was murder.

Jude's eyes calm down the slightest and he extends one of his arms, as if trying to calm down a raging lion, while the other clutches his jaw.

"Liz... I don't–"

"Deny it, I dare you." I hiss.

His eyes keep flicking back to Matt, but he's left alone. Not even Matthew is willing to defend him. In fact, Matt doesn't even look like he's on anyone's side at the moment. He's... Estranged.

"Deny what?" Jude breathes heavily.

Before I could retaliate, Denny knocks him to the ground with one punch.

The image of Jude's head knocking back, once again, after being on the receiving end of a punch, gives me a substantial amount of pleasure. For a few moments, he groans in pain on the floor, clutching his face again. Delightful. The sound of him whimpering at his wound pulls Matt further away from the scene, walking far back to the door we just used to enter Jude's house.

Unsatisfied, Denny continuously kicks Jude at his sides, right to his ribs, ignoring the helpless groans that emerge with every sharp kick. Enjoying the ambush, my eyes glint ecstatic and electric. The joy that I receive from it seems inhumane, but I can't help it.

For so long, ever since Claire got kidnapped, I have wanted the perpetrator to suffer like never before. Jude should be happy right now; he's lucky he's got Denny dealing with him and not me.

If it was me, he would be bleeding from places he never thought he could bleed from.

"Please! Stop!" Jude chokes.

The sound of Denny's boot connecting with Jude's face is like music to my ears. That and the sound of Jude begging for mercy.

"Enough!" Matt growls.

With his foot halfway to giving Jude another fine boot to the head, Denny freezes.

Matthew aids his friend, pulling him across the floor and clutching him close to his body. He wipes some of the blood spewing from Jude's mouth with a handkerchief and hugs him. That's when I remember. Jude is his oldest friend.