Chapter Twenty-Nine

Lord knows what time it is.

Speaking of... Where the hell is he?

I think my eyes have flickered open. Whatever I'm looking at is bright white. Everywhere is bright white. I shift my head slightly to the left and see bright white, then the pain kicks in. I groan and I pull my arm to soothe the pain in my neck. That is probably the dumbest thing I've ever done in my life. The pain resonates throughout my body and I hiss out the pain. I never knew heaven was this painful.

I hear the lightest footsteps make it towards me and I turn my head the slowest I can to avoid any pain. Matt walks to me. Oh my God! Matt is God? That explains how hot he is. His looks are heavenly. See what I did there. Why do I feel so goofy now? I look on the other side and I see a women injecting something into me with a noodle—a needle. Aw man! Now I'm craving noodles. I laugh out loud at my own stupidity.

"Yep, it's working." The woman says and then leaves.

What's working? Is she Mary? She's too pretty to be a virgin. She has long inky black hair like someone else I think I know, but I don't know. What was I talking about? Oh yeah! And she has pretty brown eyes like the nice ones. Yeah those ones. I laugh a little more.

"What's so funny?" Matt asks

"HAHAHAHAHA!" I burst out laughing.

His face remains blank and impassive.

"Oh no!" I laugh more, "stop it!"

He looks sooooo funny. But he's so cute, like a puppy.

"Woof!" I giggle.

My eyes water and I raise my hand to wipe my tears. This time I don't feel any pain.

"I'm tired, God." I yawn.

I don't wanna go to sleep!

Obviously, God has other plans for me. My eyelids get heavy and soon flip closed. Good night. I hope God's still here when I wake up.

A LONG WHILE AFTER

I groan as I hear quiet muttering in the room I'm in. My eyes flip open and I scan my surroundings. I'm in a room with mostly white walls and white ceiling lights. I think I've been here before. At the end of my bed, a pretty woman with long, inky black hair and brown eyes writes on a board. I think I've seen her before. Her head snaps up once she's done and she comes round to me.

"Can you hear me?"

I nod slightly. I try to say something but my mouth is too dry.

"Do you know where you are?"

I shake my head. I have completely blanked on what happened.

"Ok. Do you know what happened? How you got here?"

I shake my head again. I truly have no memory of life whatsoever.

"Can you tell me your name?"

I open my mouth to speak, but it just sound like engine splutters. Understanding, the woman brings me a glass of water with a straw and places the straw between my lips. The water is cool, but not cold.

She smiles at me and asks me again, "can you tell me your name?"

"Lisette Cheslaw." I wheeze.

"Brilliant. How old are you, Ms Cheslaw."

"24"

"Great. How many fingers am I holding up?" She puts up her pinky.

"One. Your pinky." I groan.