Chapter Twenty-Seven

18:42PM

"What do you mean I can't see her?"

"Matt, Alice is resting right now. This isn't good for the baby."

"Let me see her!"

"Keep your voice down."

"I thought we were cool!"

"We are Matt. You just can't see her."

"Denny, I swear to God I will hurt you. Let me fucking see her!"

"She doesn't want to see you okay!"

"What?"

"She doesn't want to see you."

"Is there... Is there someone else?"

"Shit Matt, I don't know."

"Denny. I need to see her, please."

"I can't let you. Get out."

"Fuck this."

"Matt what the fuck!"

"Denny!"

"Alice get down!"

"Where is she? In her room?"

"Matthew, please. My baby can't grow up without a father!"

"I did it. I'm sure the kid will be just fine, Alice."

"No please!"

"Just tell me where she is and you both live."

"She's not here."

"Bullshit."

My bedroom door blows open and I hear Alice scream. I jump out of my bed and see Matt standing with a gun to Denny's head. Alice is twaddling to them with tears in her eyes, her bump slowing her down.

"Liar." Matt hisses at Alice.

"There you found her now let Denny go!" Alice cries

Matt snarls and lets go of Denny. He puts his gun away. Denny glares at him and I give him a sideways glance that tells him to leave us alone. He's hesitant at first, but Alice understands and pulls Denny out of the room.

After the meeting with Zack, I left the building and got my things from Matt's place and brought it here. I put everything back where it belonged and then I deleted Matt's phone number. He called me numerous times and texted me too. That made it way too hard to ignore him and cut him off, so I blocked his number.

Alice and Denny came back from the hospital. They showed me a picture of their little baby and asked what I was doing back. I told them that I got some leave off work and that Matt and I broke up. Denny got mad again, but I just told him to leave it and that I don't want to see Matt.

Soon after, Matt came knocking at our door and here we are.

"I've been calling you for hours." Matt mutters.

I breathe and stay in my corner, even though I'm dying to run into his arms.

"What happened with Zack?"

I can't manage to conjure up any words in my mind as a false explanation.

"You not talking to me anymore?"

I can only stare at him, but I still feel my face heat up and my eyes swell with tears and that's when he starts to walk to me.

"No!" I find myself saying. 

That's all it took and he finally stops.
"Why?"

"Just... Leave." I squeak.

"No—"