Chapter 11

© CRGangell aka Whitesabretooth

AN: NOT EDITED

Hi everyone

So here it is the last chapter of Riddle of Blood, I know there was a delay with this chapter and sadly I cannot really offer an excuse other than the fact that I might have dragged my feet, not really wanting it to end.

Read, comment, cry...

Have fun

Chapter 11

"We were not expecting so many we would have sent a larger transport." The waiting woman remarked before she turned her attention to Amy and Wolfgang. "On behalf of my people I welcome you to..."

"New Atlantis," Amy slid in before Ra'lth's mother could finish her sentence. She didn't even think about what came out of her mouth, she had her suspicions; suspicions confirmed when her eyes locked on the pale white symbol tattooed into Sairuen's neck.

Sairuen smiled at Amy, "My daughter was right, you connect dots really well."

"The marking on your neck," Amy said with a gesture, "I've seen it a few times, it is also on the front of the doors leading into the Atlantian archive, it means spiritual peace."

Sairuen nodded, the symbol on her neck indeed meant spiritual peace. "I didn't think anyone knew our language."

"All Ancients can read, write and speak Atlantian, we just don't do it in front of non-Ancients," Alanna explained, it was in fact forbidden to know the language if you weren't Atlantian but Ancients could get away with it.

Kimberly gave Ra'lth a none too subtle shove to get her to walk forward and say hello to her mother; Sai'ee had already come to stand directly before Sairuen and stared up at her, she had seen the single photo her mother had of her but it was nothing like meeting the woman herself. Sairuen was dressed in something that was completely in line with fashion from New Haven, a long loincloth and breast band with embossed and engraved silver metal fittings. White lines were tattooed in random places all over her body, some became symbols others just remained lines, her pale hair was held back at the sides.

Kneeling Sairuen came down to Sai'ee's level, she smiled at her, "You must be Sai'ee."

Sai'ee nodded and launched herself at Sairuen, wrapping her arms around her neck and hugging her tight.

"Woah," Sairuen said in surprise as she only just managed to keep from falling back. "Hugging is not an O'mahti trait."

Ra'lth smiled and nodded, "Sai'ee is friends with a little dragon who loves to hug, it has rubbed off."

Sairuen hugged her granddaughter tightly and smiled, "Not a bad trait to pick up."

"We'll... be..." Amy gestured for everyone to make themselves scarce to give Ra'lth and her family a few moments to themselves.

"Ghurra," Ra'lth said in greeting.

Sairuen sighed a little, secretly she had hoped that New Haven would have rubbed off on her, the formal title given to mothers had always grated on her nerves but she tolerated it because she had no choice, "you can call me ma if you like, I know I should have told you."

Ra'lth nodded in agreement, "I have so much to ask..." she started to say and Sairuen nodded.

"And I have permission for you and your family to stay with me in my quarters until you leave. I promise, I will try to explain everything." Sairuen said as she stood with Sai'ee in her arms. Ra'lth nodded although she wasn't happy about it, she wanted answers now and even though this trip had started out about her figuring out what kind of Were she might turn into, it was no longer.