Chapter 5

Edited.

I look up at him my face red. I can feel the burning as it suddenly was hot. I shake my head a 'No' it's all I could manage to do. He sure does know how to get the girls, but I'm not falling for it. He'll just break my heart. Take a risk.

"Yeah you are, I feel bad for what you're going through" I'm flattered, but an image of earlier popped in my mind.

A tear rolls down my cheek but luckily the bus saves me. The doors open and I go to get on not even saying a goodbye.

I take a step in before he grabs my wrist. I shiver, he's so cold. He snatches away "Don't go" should I stay? No!

One more tear rolls down my cheek and I wipe it off. I mouth an 'I'm sorry' and climb on the bus. Sitting in the back. I look out the back window to see him staring at the bus. Then looking down at his hands before dropping them and walking away.

The light turns green and we keep driving. Luckily I brought my ear buds.
I plug them in and turn on 'I'm so sick' by Flyleaf.

I stare out the window regretting my decision, but it was for the best. I pull back my hair into a messy ponytail. My long wavy dyed blonde hair falls over my shoulder. I forgot to brush it.

I look out the window to see the sun rising. School! I can't miss anymore days. I stop the bus and jump out knowing everyone is looking at me wierdly.

Wow perfect timing schools right there like 3 blocks away. I look down at my outfit and instantly don't want to go in. I usually wear jeans and a T-shirt. Everyone is going to make fun of me.

I walk in school hoping nobody's there yet, but of course I was wrong it was already 6:40am. I put up my phone and ear buds. Only now realizing I don't have my bag. Shit!

I feel a very light tap on my shoulder so light I thought I imagined it. I turn around anyways to see Julian with my bag. "H-how did you g-get my bag?" I questioned.

"I took it from your house" he knows where I live!? Oh well whatever at least I have it. I can't even think straight!

"My clothes! They're too revealing what do I do?" I was talking more to myself than him but he answered.

"You can wear my hoodie" he took it off and handed it to me. Why is he so nice to me? And only me? Well I at least think only me. I take it and put it on. It goes down to my knees covering my thighs.

"I'm sorry" I whisper. I don't think he even heard me.

"It's OK you have your reasons" he walks past me as I hear the bell ring for first period.

I walk down the hall behind him and everyone is looking at me. Is it his hoodie? Oh no Char. I go to the side of Julian hoping she doesn't see me.

Julian looks down at me and I point to Char. He looks at her and she smiles at him. He looks back at me and puts me on the other side of him. Char sees me with him, by his side, wearing his hoodie. Shit!

I look up at Julian and he's smiling at me. We're not a thing, we're not even friends. Just science partners. I pull away from him going in 1st period taking my seat.

All the girls look at us, they either scowl, roll their eyes, or ignore us. I'm so embarrassed but at the same time I'm comfortable near him and this is the first time I've ever done this with a boy. Like the hoodie thing.

"I left something in that hoodie" he reaches in the pocket and I jump at his action. I see girls looking and my face goes hot. "Here" he hands me a rose.

My face goes red. "It's a rare kind of rose" he says. I could tell it's a black rose. This is bad though, he'll eventually leave. I smile and keep the rose.