Twenty: Falling?!

I groaned in frustration, stomping my way back to my room. I had left Caleb there, but I didn't bother to go after Ethan. Nothing would help.

Everything was falling apart. Caleb was gonna...die. Ethan; I couldn't even think about him without wanting to pull my hair out. Kristie seemed to be having some type of mental breakdown and mom...

Speaking of the woman, I needed to give her a piece of my fist. In her face. Even if she was my mom.

I soon found myself swerving away from the assassin's dorms and towards The Boss's office. Barging in the room, I began my rant, "Woman, you aren't thinking straight--" but stopped cold when I realized no one was in the room. That was definitely unusual, considering mom usually spent 100% of her time in that office. Thinking back to when I first was recruited, I recalled her saying she sometimes worked in her own room when she wanted to be alone.

Screw her independence rule, the lady needed some sense slapped into her.

With a newfound aggression, I quickly steered back around, immediately locating the door that said Do Not Enter. Without thinking, I pushed inside only to see a sight that would surely scar me for as long as I lived.

"Mom? DAD?! W-what are you doing???" I stuttered, and Mom immediately jumped off of him. Both were breathless and ruffled in a way that could only mean one thing. And by the panic on my mom's face, paired with the knowing smirk on my dad's...I could tell my assumption was spot-on.

"Ah, Elodie! You-you weren't supposed to be home until eight!" She hastily buttoned her blouse and combed her fingers through her hair.

"W-Why are you doing this, Mom! You know what he's done to us!" I stormed up to them, ready to kick the balls off that man but was stopped short by mom.

"He changed, Elodie. I realized why I married him, again. Please... be happy for me." She hugged him close, rubbing soothing circles on his back.

My mind couldn't even begin to process what was going on. "NO!! Are you insane, woman?! Never ever ever ever ever..." I turned around and stumbled out of the room, still in shock.

.oOo.

Everything was a mess. I didn't need any of this right now.

And everything was just starting to look up... Before I could tell what was going on, my throat began closing up and a sob escaped my lips. My eyes widened and I clamped a hand over my mouth.

No crying. No crying. No crying.

I chanted it to myself, but the words just seemed to urge my tears on even more. Soon, I was bawling uncontrollably. Now, this wasn't the one-tear streaming down my cheek little cry that all movies seemed to have. This was the full-on hiccups, can't breathe, snot running from your nose, unstoppable tears crying. I hugged myself, clutching my arms as I staggered through the hallways. After awhile, my legs couldn't keep up and I sank to the ground, allowing myself to just let it go.

Suddenly, Ying Ying appeared in front of me out of absolutely nowhere. In my surprise, I swung a foot at his ankles on reflex, but he swiftly jumped just enough to let my leg pass beneath.

In a shaky voice, I muttered, "What are you, some kind of ninja?"

He nodded as I hastily wiped at my face. "What is wrong, Missus?" Ying Ying's head cocked to the right and I shook my head.