Chapter 27

Here you go, as promised! I love all of the comments from last chapter debating what the answer to Ceci's question is. Many thanks for reading…FTWW has cracked the What’s Hot Top 200!

__________________________________

Recap

I had saved this question for last, but now I didn’t care if he got it right or not. It wasn’t actually a hard question, but hopefully it made him think for at least a little while. He had answered all of my other questions pretty easily.

“What’s my favorite holiday?”

Eddie frowned. I could almost hear the wheels turning in his head, weighing the options. Halloween – my birthday; Thanksgiving – food; Christmas – presents. We had never actually talked about this, so he could technically ask for another question, but I knew he was too confident to do that. I actually wondered what his answer would be. We had yet to spent Halloween or Christmas together, so he wouldn’t know my reactions on those particular days. Thanksgiving had been stressful with the whole Amber situation so he definitely didn’t have an accurate gauge of that day. I shook my head – since I hadn’t told him outright, I’m not sure if he would be able to get the right answer.

I glanced at him to find that he was staring at me, as if trying to get the answer from my head. That was interesting – it meant that he wasn’t sure. After what seemed like forever, Eddie cleared his throat and responded, “Christmas.”

__________________________________

Chapter 27

I was actually disappointed. I didn’t realize how much I wanted him to get the question right until now. Eddie was still driving, so I could only see his profile, which meant that I couldn’t tell what he was thinking. He turned then to look at me, probably waiting for me to reply to his answer. I didn’t know how to tell him that he had gotten it wrong.

Eddie was trying to read the expression on my face, trying to figure out if he had been right or not. He must have seen my answer because he suddenly looked dejected.

He scowled, “Crap. It’s Thanksgiving, isn’t it?”

I nodded.

“I was debating between that and Christmas but I figured Christmas had food and presents, so it had to be the right answer. I should have known better though. You don’t like it when people spend money on you. Darn it. I really wanted that weekend away with you too.”

“You do realize that we can still do that, right? It’s not like it’s banned or anything just because you didn’t win. I was actually looking forward to it too.”

Eddie looked over at me expectantly, a huge smile breaking out on his face.

I remembered the terms of my prize though and added, “But if we did go, we would definitely have to split the cost, since it can’t be over $200.”

Eddie’s face immediately went from grin to frown. His forehead furrowed as if he were trying to figure out possible places we could go for under the limit. Unless we were camping in a tent somewhere, which actually wasn’t a bad idea, I didn’t think it would be possible. Eddie seemed to have come up with the same conclusion because his frown intensified.

He was deep in thought, not even really seeing the road ahead of us. If we didn’t have heightened senses as weres, I would probably have been worried about his ability to drive and not cause an accident. I knew that he would probably keep mulling unless I somehow distracted him, so I decided to change the subject. “How come you weren’t considering Halloween? It is my birthday after all.”