Chapter 32

So I decided to just procrastinate on my school work and finish this for you instead. Aren't you happy? :P

Comment/vote/fan if you like!

***Also, there is sexual content in this chapter. I've edited a lot of it out and posted the entire unedited version separately at http://www.wattpad.com/2820004. As always, I’ve tried to tone it down, but sometimes my mind gets carried away…

______________________________

Recap

I nodded. I was exhausted. I just wanted to close my eyes and sleep but I knew I wouldn’t be able to with her still in my mind. So instead, I stared up into Eddie’s eyes. I noticed the way my skin tingled everywhere he touched. I took in the sensations as he brushed his fingers over my lips and down my neck, before traveling back up again across my cheek and over my eyebrows. As he touched me, I felt her slowly begin to fade away.

My eyes began to close involuntarily. I wanted to hang on, to enjoy Eddie’s touch some more, but my body wanted otherwise. Just before I slipped into sleep, I felt a kiss on the top of my head and heard a whisper in my ear. “I love you.”

______________________________

Chapter 32

It was a clear and sunny day outside. The leaves were gently blowing in the breeze, the birds singing their songs. I could hear the trickle of the stream, the chatter of the squirrels, the whispers of the underbrush. It was the perfect day to waste away doing nothing. I was sunbathing on a rock, loving the way the sun’s rays warmed my fur. Almost drowsily, I turned my head to look at Eddie. He was lying next to me, staring at me with his piercing green eyes that seemed to automatically soften when I returned his gaze. “I love you,” he thought.

I smiled. My heart stopped beating at the sound of those three words. They were the most beautiful words I had ever heard and they were for me. I could feel his fingers caressing my cheek, stroking my eyebrows, rubbing my lips. Wait – that wasn’t right. Eddie and I were both in wolf form. I shouldn’t be able to feel him touch me like this.

A dream. It was a dream. One that I didn’t want to wake up from even though I knew my reality was much better. I could feel my eyes struggling to open, the sleep in them more than enough to want to lull me back to the woods, our woods. But then I felt a soft warmth on my lips, the barest peck that I then felt again on my cheek and forehead. My body started humming back to life, wakened by Eddie’s kisses.

A few seconds later, I finally opened my eyes to find Eddie’s looking down at me in concern.

“Morning,” I managed to croak out, my voice scratchy and dry.

“Morning Buttercup. You okay?,” he asked as he stroked my cheek.

I nodded. I felt achy, the kind of ache I had when I got the flu. I arched my back and pointed my toes, trying to stretch out my muscles. It didn’t hurt, it just felt strange – as if I hadn’t used them in a while.

“What time is it?,” I asked.

“It’s a little after nine. Are you hungry?”

Nine in the morning? I tried to think back, tried to remember what we had done last night that would cause me to sleep until so late in the day. Nine was probably early for normal teenagers, but since I usually woke up around sunrise, it was definitely late for me.

And then it all came back to me. Amber. The woods. Not being able to shake her from my vision. But then Eddie. Feeling his touch. Hearing him whisper “I love you.” My heart jumped as I tried to grab and hold onto that memory. I wanted to hear those words again, wanted to be fully conscious when he said them to me.