Chapter 3

DISCLAIMER : I do not own this interview . All rights for this interview go to www.alloy.com 

Khalid and Louis filled us in on all the details of Second Chance . The band , All Time Low , would come by on Sunday to meet all of us , and by Monday will have hopefully made a decision . Kiara and John eventually arrived , with forms for all of us to sign saying we were allowed participate .

When they all left , it was late , so Cait sent us all upstairs to bed . I don't think an of us planned on going to sleep , though . Everyone wanted to research All Time Low before we met them .

I went straight to the top drawer on my locker , the one filled with random-junk-I-don't-want-to-throw-out-because-it-has-sentimental-value . After rooting around for five minutes , I gave up and simply duped the contents onto my bed .

I spotted it immediately . “I knew it” I whispered , and picked up the torn page . It was glossy , and high in colour , as it had been ripped out of a magazine . “All Time Low” I muttered , and made space on my bed for me to sit down .

Interviews can go one of three ways: they can be painfully dull and awkward; they can be interesting and engaging; or they can be freakin' hilarious! We had the pleasure of chatting up Alex Gaskarth, lead singer/guitarist of All Time Low, and the boy had us in stitches. Seriously, besides writing fun pop-punk songs, this kids a total charmer! Read on to see what we're talking about.

Hey, how are you?
I'm doing well. I'm in Dunkin Donuts right now. It's sweet.

What are you getting?
Always the sausage, egg, and cheese croissant thing. Delicious.

Isn't it too late for bacon, egg and whatever? It's lunchtime!
Yeah, I've been sleeping in. Enjoying the time off. I woke up at 12. It's pretty cool.

So what do you think of the controversy with the girl form Maryland who was suspended from school for carrying around the picture of you guys in your underpants?
Man, I think it's hilarious. It's a little ridiculous that she got suspended. The picture's a joke -- it's a really good-looking joke and an extremely sexy joke, but it's a joke. So I think the school may have over reacted there calling it pornography. But whatever -- different strokes for different folks. It's a bum out for schools to go that far these days, but what are you gonna do? I wanna give the girl a hug though. I feel bad!

Are you guys gonna reach out to her?
Yeah, hopefully. We're trying to think of some things we could do to make her days a little better.

What was that photo shoot like?
Oddly enough, it was probably the least awkward photo shoot we've ever done.

Really?
Yeah. I think it says something about the members of this band. I'm not sure what that is. But we usually hate lining up and taking serious photos like every other band does. We always feel out of place, and we always end up just kind of goofing off anyway, and the photographers usually really get mad with us. So to actually kind of be there naked and goofing around, it was a lot easier to get done, I think.

Are you guys all tighty-whitey guys to begin with?
No. We're all boxer-brief guys. But we took it one step further for the photo shoot. We wanted to make it a little more scandalous you know.

How does it feel be playing music for a career a year out of high school? Not only that, but being named one of Alternative Press' Bands You Need To Know!
It's rad. I pinch myself everyday -- I'm waiting to wake up. It's ridiculous. I'm thrilled they consider us one of those bands. It's a huge compliment, especially coming from the one of the biggest indie music magazines. I'm honored.