Chapter 9

“Okay , first of all “ Samantha began , “Call me Sam , or I swear I'll kill you .”

She grinned, and Charlotte laughed .

“Same here” Charlotte said , “It's Charles , to one and all .”

I blinked .

Sam walked over to me , and wrapped her arm around my shoulders .

“You're like our sister now , huh ?” She said , smiling . “That's so cool ! I've always wanted a sister !”

Charles rolled her eyes . “What am I , your pet doggy ?”

Sam glanced at her , and nodded . “Sit , girl “ She said seriously .

“Woof” Charles muttered , and flopped down again on the sofa .

Sam turned back to me .”So , Hazel .” She stared at me for a second , then squealed and hugged me tightly . I looked at Charles , who shrugged .

“She tends to do that” Charles said .

“I'm sorry , I'm sorry” Sam apologized , pulling away from me . “It's just so cool to meet you . Charles and I have been talking for days about who our new brothers or sisters are going to be .”

I nodded . “You're forgiven “ I said , “Are you two sisters ?”

Charles shook her head . “No . We're best friends though , always have been and always will be . We've known each other since we were really little.”

They glanced at each other and laughed . I had to admit , I was jealous of them . I wished I had someone like that , who I could tell anything to and could trust with my life .

Sam turned back to me . “So , who's adopting you ? I'm Jack , and Charles' Zack .”

That made sense . Jack was the random , hyper one from the band . Exactly like Sam .

“Alex” I said . They both grinned .

“That's so cool !” Sam yelled . She punched Charles lightly on the shoulder . “Isn't that so cool ?!”

Charles rubbed her arm gingerly . “The sad thing is , she's serious “ She said to me , before turning to Sam . “Yes , it's very cool .”

“Do you know who the other kid is ?” I asked . They shook their heads .

“No” Sam said .

“They're dead late , though “ Charles finished . I laughed at them both . It was so cool , how they finished each other's sentences . Although they looked like opposites , you would have though they were twins .

“Have you been in Care long ?” Charles asked me . I shook my head .

“Only a little more than a week” I replied , “What about you two ?”

“I've been in fourteen years , and she's been in fifteen” Sam answered .

“Because I'm fifteen , and she's only fourteen “ Charles explained , “Only a little baby .” She reached over and ruffled Sam's hair , who slapped her hand away .

“I told you to stop doing that” Sam said grumpily . Charles and I laughed .

“How old are you ?” Charles asked .

“Fifteen”I answered .

“Sam's the youngest , then” Charles said . Sam shrugged .

“That's cool . First is the worst , second is the best , third is the one that God loves best “ She chanted .