Chapter 15

“The simplest solution , is of course , to the bring the kids along with the band on tour” Nano said , keeping his cool throughout the entire conversation . No doubt he and Matt had discussed this earlier .

“That sounds okay” Rian said , “We'd need to get a bigger bus , though – and what about school ?”

“We don't have to go to school” Sam said quickly , but Nano shook his head .

“No , it's against the law for you not to get an education . We'll home-school you , just on a bus .”

“Who'll teach us ?” Charles asked .

“We can take turns” Matt suggested , “Dibs on English !”

“No fair ! I want to teach English “ Jack complained .

“Wait , wait” Alex said , “So – they're going on tour with us ?”

“Yes”Matt said , “I mean , as long as that's okay .”

“Now that matter is resolved” Nano said , “There is one more thing .”

“The press wants to know about the whole Second Chance scheme . They want an official date for the release of the reality show , they want exclusive interviews with the band and their new 'daughters' . And , they want a red carpet party , to celebrate .”

“That sounds doable “ Rian said slowly . “So , when -”

“The reality show ; not sure . In a few months , still . Interviews will be held on the tour , before concerts . And we were thinking we could have a party next Friday . Rent out a club in New York , invite as many people as we can . That sound okay ?”

“Will we be able to invite people ?” Charles asked . Nano nodded .

“Of course” He said , “It is your party .”

By the time we got home , it was already half nine . Rian went to the kitchen and cooked Pommie and himself up an omelet .

“He really likes her”Alex said to me , “Thinks of her like a kid sister . It's sweet , right ?”

“Yes” I said , “It is .”

I slipped off to the privacy of my bedroom , and pulled out my cell phone . I liked it , a lot .

“Hey , Darren ?” I said into it , as soon as he picked up .

“Hazel ! I knew you'd call ! What's up ?”

I found myself relaxing into Darren's familiar voice . Even though I didn't know him that well , it brought me back to when I was just a normal kid , not one who got adopted by a rockstar .

I began to tell him everything that had happened over the past few days , starting with being on the plane , ending with meeting his parents .

“Oh , and you were right” I told him suddenly .

“I always am” He replied , “But what about this time ?”

“They are having a party” I said , “Next Friday . And this phone call is officially your invitation .”

“Yes ! Thanks , Hazel . Who else is coming ?”

“Well , I haven't asked them yet , could you do it for me ? Emma , Tashie , and Sasha .”

“Sasha ? Really ?” Darren groaned .

“Shut up” I said , laughing . “She can be alright … sometimes . Well , I'm just inviting her because Tashie will want her to come , I guess .”