Chapter 24

Nikki , Pommie and I were chilling in the back lounge when Matt came in . The three of us had become friends over the past few days , despite any differences – including the fact that Nikki was three years older the Pommie . Charles and Sam were great , but they had been friends before Second Chance , and so they stayed sisters during it too , leaving the three of us to become closer and closer .

Matt tossed a laminated sheet onto my lap , and I picked it up to inspect it .

“What is this ?” I asked , after realising I understood none of it . Matt chuckled .

That is your new timetable .”

Nikki peered over my shoulder . “Like , school ? With lessons and subjects and stuff ?”

“Yep . It's illegal for you guys to not get an education , and in case you hadn't noticed this tour bus doesn't have enough room for a school .”

“So ...”

Matt picked the timetable up , and began to explain it .

“In the mornings , Jeff will take Maths . I'm doing Geography with you , Colussy does History . Alex is teaching Spanish , and Rian is teaching French .”

We blinked in unison .

“English ?” I asked cautiously .

Matt frowned . “Um , Alex and Jack . So once you go back to school you might want to find yourselves a tutor .”

“What about fun subjects ?” Nikki said , “Like art and music and stuff .”

Matt shrugged . “Since you're living with a band , I guess you're all going to have to take music . I think most of the other 'fun' subjects are out of the question , but by all means try to study the practical side of woodshop . Just don't come running to me when you saw your finger off because of a pothole .”

I laughed . “So , when does All Time Low High School start ?”

“We should probably just call it All Time High for short” Nikki giggled , “All Time Low High sounds kind of strange .”

“True , but All Time High sounds like we're all on drugs , so ...” I trailed off .

Nikki paused , then snapped her fingers . I practically see her lightbulb flashing . “All Time Hoe !”

I laughed . “Definitely , definitely All Time Hoe .”

“Okay , both of you , shut up !” Matt laughed with us . “You're starting to sound like Alex and Jack .”

“If you didn't want us to sound like them you shouldn't have assigned both of them as our English teachers .”

“But I guess that's just the kind of education you get at All Time Hoe” I finished , and we all laughed , even Pommie who hadn't said anything throughout this whole conversation .

It wasn't long before we'd pulled up outside the next venue , so the crew left to get things set up .

“You know what'd be rad ?” Jack said suddenly , “If you kids did music as a subject , and then at the end of the tour you could do a song or two live , you know like an opening act for us .”

“Shut up Jack -” Rian began to say , then stopped . “Hang on . That wasn't a terrible idea .”

“Thank you” Jack said , rolling his eyes .

Rian sat up . “Seriously , guys , that's actually a good idea . We should do that .” He turned to us . “You guys want to go up on stage ?”

Pommie shook her head violently . “Stage fright” She said quickly .