4) Danger Alert!

ALIYAH'S POV
That dinner night made me upset a whole awful lot so I stayed home for a few days and told everyone who called that I wasn't feeling very well.

I am so not in the mood to see Billie these days. It hurts seeing him. All the things that had happened between us felt surreal...almost like it never happened. Our story felt like it came straight out of a fanfiction that ended on a cliff...where everything plummeted into nothing.

After all, this is the real world. Happy endings don't come easy.

I was on the sofa with a blanket wrapped around me, thinking about writing a new song when I heard someone unlocking my front door. I quickly fished out the baseball bat that I hid under the sofa and dashed towards a wall near the door with amazing speed. I steadied my grip on the baseball bat, ready to swing.  The door swung open but I still can't see who it is because the door was blocking my view.
"Hello?" A voice said, it was Jakob's. I let out a sigh of relief.

JAKOB'S POV
I heard someone let out a sigh from behind the door so I checked to see who it was. I think my heart stopped for a second when I saw a figure holding a baseball bat.
"Oh shhhh---" I staggered backward, losing balance, then finally fell with a loud thud.

"Oh my gawd!" Aliyah exclaimed as she rushed toward my side. "Jakob, I am so sorry."

"It's okay," I groaned, letting myself up.

"Why didn't you tell me that you'll come over?"

"I know you wouldn't let me in if I did."

She didn't argue with me cause it's true. Aliyah sighed then shut the front door. "So what brings you here?"

"Oh, you know...just checking how you're doing," I said as I made myself comfortable on her sofa. "Come sit."

Aliyah walked lazily towards me then plopped down the sofa. She returned the bat under the furniture where it belongs. I tried to start a conversation several times but she managed to dismiss all of them quite well. I gave up and just asked her the question.
"What happened?"

"What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean."

"No I don't. That's why I asked." She replied sharply. 

"You probably haven't seen the sun for three days, Aliyah. We're all worried about you...I'm worried about you." I made sure to emphasize the word 'I'm'.

Aliyah wrapped herself in a blanket. "I guess I only needed a break, that's all."

I wanted to see her again. I wanted to spend time with her again. I want to be with her. I don't care if she sees me as her brother. As long as I can get to be near her, that's fine by me.

Expect that I'll take back what I just said soon enough. I couldn't stand the bro-zone anymore.

I never wanted this to come from me but I asked her anyway. "Do you want to come over at Ethan's? We're having a movie night this Friday," I finished with disdain.

ALIYAH'S POV
I really needed to get out of this place. Spending time with the boys and Ethan would help me unwind.

"Sure, that'll be great, thanks." I smiled half-heartedly at Jakob.

I wondered why Billie never came to visit. He didn't even call me or text me. Apparently, Mike and Tre were more concerned. They sent me get-well-soon flowers and cards, a stuffed elephant, and even food.
"How's everyone back at home doing?" I asked, wanting to know how Billie is.

"Oh we're fine."
I need more info Jakob.

"How's Billie?" I asked before I lose the courage to.