5) Like Father, Like Son

ALIYAH'S POV
Jakob gave me Ethan's address and told me to be there by six or seven in the evening. I was all ready by six but waited for an extra thirty minutes – hoping that Joey and Jakob will already be there (so that it wouldn't be awkward for Ethan and I).

I decided to walk over to his place since I needed some time to calm my mind and make it wander. For what seemed like a minute, I already found myself on Ethan's doorstep. I straightened out my white button-down shirt and fixed my shorts pocket that was inside-out. Satisfied, I took a deep breathe then rang the doorbell. To my surprise, Ethan opened the door.
Well, I shouldn't be surprised. That's his house after all.
But even though that's the case, I was expecting to see Joey or Jakob.

Ethan stood before me with a look like he had just gotten out of bed.
But deyyyym was he sexy!
His hair was tousled in an extremely attractive way and he only wore boxers that were paired with a black shirt.
He was also taken aback by my presence as I was of his.

"Aliyah!" He said with a cute sheepish grin on his face. "Glad you could come!"
He tugged on his shirt, cheeks turning red. "I would've dressed a little nicer but I thought you were only either Joey or Jakob."

My lips instinctively curved to a smile. "Oh, it's fine, don't worry about it."

"Please, come in." Ethan said as he welcomed me inside. I hesitantly stepped in, knees feeling a little weak at the thought of Joey and Jakob not being here yet. Yeah, Ethan may seem to be someone you could comfortably talk to but I still don't know how I'm going to deal with dead airs (gawd forbid) if there'd be any.

Unfortunately, there already was a dead air so I broke the deafening silence by asking the obvious. "Joey and Jakob aren't here yet?"

"Yeah," he sighed. "They must be busy or something."

'Oh' was all I could say. My feet felt like they were literally planted on the ground beneath me.

"You're welcome to go inside my room if you want," he offered. "That's where we'll watch the movie after all."

"Okay, sure." I flashed him a smile.

"Okay. Uhhh...good. I'll just uhhh...I'll...I'll...go make some popcorn!" Ethan then headed straight to the kitchen right away. I took off my shoes and placed them near the door. I wandered around the house a little, looking for his room. I wouldn't want to open the wrong door. During my search, they were a total of five doors in the house. I guessed that Ethan's room was the last door on the left. Luckily, I was right. As soon as I stepped inside his room, I fell in love. I fell in love with his...well...room. But our rooms usually reflect who we are and I definitely like what his room is reflecting. CDs were stacked neatly on one side beside Xbox games that were arranged alphabetically. Bean bags were placed in front of his tv while his bed was situated on a corner beside a desk that was piled with classic novels. I wasn't supposed to do this but...I went over to his desk and opened the top drawer. I was in awe to see more books in there!
Gahd, this guy is just...unbelievable.

I rushed over to where his CDs are and was flattered to see my albums. He's got them all!
"I see you've discovered that I'm a big fan," Ethan said out of nowhere with a bowl of popcorn, almost making me drop the cds.

My cheeks flushed. "Uhh...yeah. Gotta say, I'm flattered."

"Don't get freaked out though, I'm not that kind of fan who goes crazy over their idols," he assured me.

But I want that. Please go crazy on me.

"Joey and Jakob would stop hanging out with me if I was," he continued, "you know what? I still can't believe that I'm friends with Billie Joe Armstrong's sons."

"How did you get to know them, by the way?"

"We all went to the same school since kindergarten up till middle school," he said,  making himself comfortable on one of the bean bag chairs. "My dad and I had to move because of family matters so we didn't get to hang out as much anymore. We used to meet thrice a month, then twice a month, then once a month, until we don't get to see each other anymore. I was glad that we moved back here in California. I missed them."

I was about to say something when a ringtone cut me off. It was Ethan's phone. He took out his phone and raised it to his ear.

"Hey, Jakob!" He said, smiling. I watched his expression change, smile slowly fading. "Oh, no, it's totally fine man. I understand."
I got a strong feeling that Joey and Jakob won't be able to come.
"I'll be fine, I'm here with Aliyah." He smiled at me when he said my name. I gave him one in return.

JAKOB'S POV
Dammit!
Great, now they have some time together...ALONE! Curse this fever! Why does it have to be now??

I insisted Joey to go but he told me that he'd like to stay and take care of me instead. That was very kind of him but my head will start to fabricate endless possibilities of what they might be doing right now. I HATE IT.

I said goodbye to Ethan, hung up the phone, then buried my face in both hands. "Why??" I groaned.

"You alright?" Somebody asked. It was dad.

"Uhhh...yeah. Head hurts, that's all."

"You need anything?"

"Water would be good, thanks." I said then he went out to get some. Dad came back with a glass of water sooner than I expected. I thanked him and took a sip.

"How are you feeling?" Dad asked as he sat beside me.

"I'm good...kinda bummed that I wasn't able to go the movie night we planned," I admitted.

"I'm sure that Ethan will be okay with it."

"Yeah...he's with Aliyah after all." I felt dad tense a little when I said that.

"Well," he cleared his throat, "at least he has some company."

"Lucky guy," I muttered under my breath.

Dad chuckled. "Why?"

There was no point in hiding it so I opened up to him. "I like Aliyah."

BILLIE'S POV
This cannot be happening.

Jakob went on about how he came to like her, why he does, and why he can't let her know while I just sat there...nodding as if I hung on to every word. Dads support their kids when it comes to this right? But how could I do that if I, Billie Joe Armstrong the father of Jakob Danger Armstrong, also likes the same girl?
Things are getting so fucked up these days.

Jakob finally stopped talking. Thank goodness he did. I wasn't enjoying a second of it.

"Dad, could you help me?" Jakob pleaded.
I felt like my guts turned inside out then got beat up. I couldn't imagine helping my son get the girl I love.

But as a good dad...I said yes.

This is not gonna end well.