22) The Last Chapter

BILLIE'S POV

"It was Aliyah," the doctor said.

"...then Adie..." I said shakily.

He put a hand on my shoulder. "I'm terribly sorry, sir."

My life would never be the same again.

***

ALIYAH'S POV
It's been three years since Adie's death and it has been an extremely tough ride for all of us. Billie suffered from depression and I happily took care of the two boys while he recovered. I basically became their 'mom' ever since Adie passed away. I had to take a break from my career and help my family get back on their feet.

Thankfully, after a couple of years, we were all able to recover. Everything went back to the way they were. I couldn't be any happier.

Oh! And Vera? She stopped bugging me when the incident happened. Turns out that girl has a little heart too.

***

BILLIE'S POV
"Dad?" Jakob called from upstairs.

"Yeah?" I turned off the tv and waited for him.

"Hey, uhhh...I wanna ask...a girl to be my Valentine," he said as soon as he reached me.

Ugh, here we go with the Aliyah thing again.

"Yeah, and?"

"How do I do it in a special way?"

"Well first, you have to...."

***

ALIYAH'S POV
I just got back from the studio to see a trail of rose petals leading to my room. My house was filled with scented candles and heart shaped ballons on the ceiling. I continued to follow the trail, eager to know where it'd lead me.

I ended up before my bedroom door and on it was a sticky note that said: Open Me (:

I turned the knob slowly, nervous and excited at the same time. Before me was a handsome man in a tux who was down on one knee. I gasped.

"Jasmine Aliyah Pines," Billie said, bringing out a ring. "Will you marry me?"

-

-

-

-

-

"Yes!"