10) Master Debater

ALIYAH'S POV
I got home with a voice message waiting for me. I lethargically walked to the phone, eyes droopy. I played the message.

"Hey Jasmine! You free this Saturday? Thought I'd take you to that nice coffee shop we passed by before. Ring me when you're free."

Ethan's message brought a smile to my face. Well that's a good way to end the day. I made sure to call him first thing in the morning.

***

I stood in front of the mirror, choosing between a 'chill' outfit and a 'girly' outfit.
Do I wanna be 'chill' today?...or 'girly'?

After 10 minutes of contemplation, I decided to go with being 'chill'. I put my outfit on and waited for Ethan to pick me up. I was putting on my shoes when a car honked outside. It was him. I looked at my watch and it read 7:30.
Wow, he's exactly on time.

I stepped outside and locked the door. I got in the car and we drove to the coffee place.

We got there soon and Ethan parked his car beside a familiar one. It was Billie's car.
No no no no this is such a bad timing!
"Jasmine?" Ethan looked into my eyes with concern. "You alright?"

I hadn't realized that I was staring at his dashboard all along.
"Yeah, I'm fine." I gave him a reassuring smile.

As soon as we set foot inside the cafe, I immediately searched the room for Billie. The place is quite larger than other coffee shops so I had a harder time finding him. Plus, I don't want to worry Ethan about my actions so I stopped looking around.

I found myself waiting in line beside Ethan. I kept my feelings to myself and decided to play it cool but anxiety started to eat my guts. I excused my myself and went to the bathroom.

BILLIE'S POV
I stood up from my seat, going to order another batch of cinnamon rolls for Adie and I when I saw Aliyah with Ethan standing in line. A pang of jealousy shot through me. I thought about backing out and not buying but...damn it I'm a grown man now. I can handle this!
And I'm gonna get our cinnamon rolls.

I walked towards the line and saw Aliyah told Ethan something then went off to the comfort room.
Okay so I guess this will be less awkward for me now.
I stood in line, waiting beside Ethan. "Oh hi Mr. Armstrong!" He greeted me, oblivious to my hatred for him.

"Hey, Ethan!" I said with a plastered smile. "You alone?"

"No, I'm with Aliyah."

"Oh. Taking her out on dates now?" I said in a playful manner. But deep down I feel jealousy, guilt, and pain all brewing inside of me like an upcoming storm.

Ethan chuckled sheepishly. "Couldn't really call it a date. We're just hanging out."

"Oh."
'Hanging out'. Ugh.

Ethan started to order on the counter and Aliyah isn't back yet. I heard Ethan cuss under his breath.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"I forgot to take Aliyah's order."

"Order her a mocha frappe. She likes that one." I turned to the cashier. "Oh and kindly add a croissant with that, thank you."

Ethan sighed in relief. "Thank you. A lot." 

"You're welcome." I felt proud of myself. I still know her better than him.
I am so mature right now. Wow.

ALIYAH'S POV
I waited for Ethan to find a table and sit there before I showed up. I sat down to join him. I was taken aback to see a mocha frappe and croissant before me. This is my usual order. I never told Ethan that. How did he know?