2 - Love Runs Out

Please listen to Love Runs Out - OneRepublic for this chapter

* * *

"Alena, I need you to eat your breakfast so that we can explore this town, we have a lot to do" I stood across my sister, who was sitting at our little dining table while I was drying my hair with a towel.

The landlord was a lovely Fifty-six-year-old woman who took pity on us and gave us this tiny two-bedroom house, completely furnished for a really good price. It also worked in our favour that no one had rented the property out for over five years, so I guess we were both desperate.

Alena looked up from her plate, mouth full of eggs and bacon "Whath abour lou lough, wheg gour plad?"

My eyebrow raised in confusion as I tried to understand what the hell my sister just raddled. I waited as she finished her mouthful and then repeated herself, "What about you though, where is your plate?"

"Aly-cat I'm not hungry, eat up so we can get going"

Truth is, if we were going to survive, I would have to sacrifice a lot. We only had $5,000 to survive. $5k might sound like a lot to some people, but once you cut living expenses, education, bills....

We wouldn't be able to survive a month, two at max. I would rather go hungry for a day or so knowing that my sister was well looked after.

Looking after my her became second nature to me. When we were back home with our mum, I had to walk my sister to and from school, cook dinner, clean the house, do my homework and help Alena with hers. Her happiness and well-being is all I care about.

You could easily tell we were sisters, Alena literally looked like a younger version of me. We both have long brown wavy hair, sun kissed tan and hazel eyes, there were only a few differences between her and I... I had fuller lips, longer lashes and I was 5'5. Alena had thinner lips, adorable dimples and was a little shorty, but considering the fact that she was only ten that was okay.

We drove a block or so down from our place until we started to see a cute little strip that had a lot of cafes and restaurants set up side by side each other. One of the restaurants '515 Restaurant' caught my eye mainly because of the "Apply now" sign I was so desperate for.

We walked in slowly, taking in the environment around us. It's definitely one of those 5 star restaurants that would charge you a $100 a plate for something that is probably made with one or two ingredients.

The man at the front desk looked up and smiled warmly at us "Hello, my name is Claude, do you have a booking for this evening I can help you with?"

"Hi, my name is Avery, I uh- actually wanted to see if you were still accepting job applications?"

"Ah yes! Right this way, normally the manager would provide you with an application but he is on his lunch break so, I will go grab one for you."

I smiled at Claude grateful for the assistance. He stopped half way down the hall just before the doors for the main dining room to turn around and ask "Avery, are you coming?" He then smiles at Alena, "Come on little one, we have an application to fill out!"

We both hurried along behind him, not aware that we were supposed to follow him "Sorry, right behind you!"

* * *

'I hate this part'

I'm currently standing across the owner of the business, in the dining area as they are yet to open for the public. A beautiful lady who looks like she's in her early forties, with piercing blue eyes, fair skin, short bob haircut with blonde highlights through it. I nervously looked up at my sister who was now sitting next to Claude at the front reception, eating hot chips he managed to score for her when no one was looking.