14 - Give Me Love

A/N: Who wants to read a chapter from Jaxon's POV? Let me know if you want it done!

If you know someone who will enjoy this story, let them know about it! Xx

Fun fact about me: I'm obsessed with Ed Sheeran!

* * *

Please listen to Give Me Love - Ed Sheeran for this chapter.

* * *

"What do you mean it's been paid?" I shook my head in confusion at Drew who was standing there smiling at me.

"It was paid.... anonymously" he smirked at me.

"Don't shit me Drew. When did he come and pay it" I crossed my arms over my chest.

He rubbed the back of his neck nervously before sighing, "He came over late last night to hang out with me. We got to talking, you came up and then before I know it, he's paying the bill."

'He was talking about me?'

"What was said about me?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

His eyes widened in realisation before giving me a boyish smile "Can't. Bro code."

I rolled my eyes as I forced an annoyed smile at Drew. It all made sense now, Jaxon had messaged me this morning apologising that he couldn't take me to pick up the car but now, it now appears as though he didn't want to be around me because he knew that shit would have hit the fan.

"He just wants to help" he quietly said the words as if he could read my thoughts.

"Thanks again Drew. I'll see you around."

"Happy to help Avery."

* * *

Monday morning came rather quickly, I was walking towards the school hallway, there was only one person I had my eyes set on. I was going to ring his neck when I saw him.

The longer I thought about it last night, the angrier I got. I didn't need anyone paying my bills for me. I was well equipped and more than capable of doing it on my own. Normal people would have just said thank you but I can't, I can't be owing anyone favours. I've grown up in a world where everything had a price, no one does anything out of the kindness of their heart, that's all I've ever known.

As I stormed inside the hallway, I saw him standing in front of his locker, while Lucas stood next to him leaning against a closed locker, both laughing about something.

When I got halfway I saw Lucas look at me and then flick Jaxon's arm to get his attention, Jaxon looked at Lucas before turning to face my wrath.

As soon as I got to them my hand slammed his locker shut and I crossed my arms across my chest, ignoring the stares I was receiving by the students around us.

"How could you? Do I look like a Damsel in distress?"

His eyebrows shot up in surprise "I don't know what you're talking about Avery."

"Don't bullshit me Jaxon."

He turned his body to face me and crossed his arms over his chest, causing his muscles to expand which only momentarily distracted me.

"Give us a minute Lucas" Jaxon says all the while not breaking eye contact with me. Lucas leaving almost immediately while mumbling something about "Jaxon's about to lose his balls."