37 - I Don't Wanna Live Forever

Please listen to I Don't Wanna Live Forever - Zayn and Taylor Swift for this chapter.

* * *

I blocked my ears and closed my eyes in panic as I let out a scream. I didn't want to see if he had shot Isaac or Jaxon, I don't think it was something I could handle. What I wasn't expecting though, was the pain piercing through the left side of my stomach.

It felt like everything was happening in slow motion. I looked down to place my hand there, when I removed it all I saw was blood. My hand started to shake the longer I stared at it, stared at the blood that now covered my fingers. The interesting thing though was how I suddenly felt relieved. Relieved that it was me and not them.

I looked up at Jaxon who was staring wide eyed at me in horror. I could feel my knees weakening on me.

"NOOOOO!" Jaxon pleaded, screaming in desperation when we had heard the gun shot go off, echoing through our ears. I fell to my knees just as he skidded to the floor to catch me and cradle me in his arms.

"Stay with her! I'm going after Noah!" Isaac yelled in anger. We watched as he sprinted after Noah. I didn't want him going after Noah, especially with Noah holding a gun but I was in no position to stop him.

"You're gonna be okay" Jaxon whispered in desperation. I could hear in his tone that he wasn't just trying to convince me, he was trying to convince the both of us.

"It hurts really bad" I cried out. I watched as Jaxon quickly took his shirt off to put the pressure in the bullet hole on my stomach. I felt my breathing was beginning to quicken, I was losing touch of reality as my eyes kept flickering to close.

I reached up to touch his cheek softly, "I'm sorry for everything" I whispered weakly, I allowed myself to close my eyes for a few seconds because I was getting tired.

"Hey hey hey! Wake up!" Jaxon raised his voice as he stroked my cheek. "Don't leave me, baby please" he whimpered at me.

"Open your eyes" his voice was shaking with fear as he said those words. I forced my eyes open, I tried to keep them open but it wasn't working, my body kept urging me to go to sleep.

"Stay with me. Just keep looking into my eyes" he said as he swept my hair back from my face. He leaned down and kissed me softly on my lips before placing his forehead against mine.

I was slowly losing my breath. I looked up at him, wanting to tell him so many things. I knew this wasn't going to end well for me. I could feel it tightening around my chest, my heartbeat slowing down.

"Please look after Alena for me. Don't --- let anyone break --- her heart." I struggled to form the sentence as I hastily whispered to him, ignoring the tears that started to fall down the sides of my face.

"No. You're going to look after her yourself! Don't give up on me baby" he said as he continued to lean his forehead against mine, slowly stroking my cheek wiping my tears away.

"I love you" he whispered against my lips. A cry of pain escaped my lips, I kissed him softly on the lips.

"I love you too."

I managed to get the words out before my body started to give up on the fight. I was blacking out, I tried to open my eyes as I heard Jaxon's cry, screaming my name at the top of his lungs. I was going in and out of consciousness so I could only make out a mumbled voice and a faint sound getting louder and louder the closer it got.