33 - No Air

Please listen to No Air - Jordin Sparks Ft Chris Brown for this chapter.

* * *

"Drew?" I asked with worry in my voice. I took in his disheveled appearance and blood shot eyes. Before he said anything he just closed the space between us and hugged me, it took so much effort for me not to burst into tears right then and there. We both knew that he now knew the truth about us.

He slowly took a step back and gave me a sad smile as he rubbed the back of his neck nervously, "Sorry about that, I don't know what came over me. Uh- I'm sorry for just dropping by but we need to talk"

"Uhh-" I was at a loss for words as I looked between him and Alena who was now starring at us. He followed my eyes and saw Alena sitting on the couch, I watched as he gave her a small smile and waved "Hi Alena."

"Hi" she whispered embarrassingly. I knew she was confused about who he was and what he was doing here. I opened the door wider for him to enter. I restarted the movie for Alena and increased the volume of the TV for her, "Alena please stay in here and watch the movie, we'll be in the kitchen okay?"

She nodded in agreement as she got comfortable to watch Frozen again, she knew by the tone of my voice that I was serious and she didn't question it. I walked past Drew as he followed quietly behind me.

"Would you like anything to drink?" I asked as I watched him take a seat at the dining table.

"Just water please."

I opened the fridge to bring out the glass bottle of water, before going to the cupboard to grab two glass cups. I was going slower than normal because I was trying to buy some time to figure out what to say to him. I placed the items down on the table as I took a seat directly in front of him, he waited patiently until I was ready.

As I picked up the glass bottle my hands were shaking, I tried to calm myself down but it wasn't working. He calmly put his hand over mine, taking the bottle off me to pour the water in both cups.

"Thanks" I whispered.

He let out a sigh, "My- our dad told me everything"

I opened my mouth to question what was said but he lifted his hand up "Please, let me get it all off my chest first?" He asked, I nodded in agreement as I sat back and listened.

"I saw the way you looked at him, at first I didn't think anything of it until you ran out. After you had run he just stood there frozen in shock. I knew at that point that something wasn't right. Everyone left soon after that, so when it was dinner time I confronted him. The fact that my mum; step-mum, didn't react showed me that she obviously knew the truth. I got into a heated argument with them, I was so angry that they hid this information from me."

He let out a shaky sigh as his eyes started to water again. I took the opportunity to ask the questions that was bugging me, "Drew, how do you not remember our names though, or our memories, what about the photo that dad made us?"

He let out a sad snicker "I had an accident when I was twelve, I hit my head hard enough to almost get brain damage but luckily enough I didn't. I was in a coma for two weeks, the doctor said I'd have short term memory loss but somehow not all of it came back. I don't remember anything that happened in my life before then." He said in between sobs, "I'm so sorry, I let you down. Had I remembered, none of this would be happening to you."