20 - That's My Girl

Please listen to That's My Girl - Fifth Harmony for this chapter.

* * *

"You look hot with the blonde hair" Isaac said with a grin on his face

I rolled my eyes "Are you sure you can't tell it's me?"

"Trust me, once you put the skull mask on, all you can see are the blue eye contacts and the blonde hair" he reassured me but I was still nervous.

Tonight's attire wasn't much different to what I would normally wear at school, it was just slightly edgier, I purposely did it this way, wearing all black. I had black tight skinny jeans on, a black sleeveless shirt that had "Rock my World" written on it which for some reason reminded me of Lucas. I had black combat boots on and topped it all off with my leather bike jacket. I had to admit, I felt pretty bad ass thanks to Isaac's choice of clothing.

While I was admiring the outfit, he went on to add "The only way people are going to know it's you is if they have memorised the round shape of your ass" he said with a smirk which was short lived before I smacked him across the face with a pillow.

"Ow!"

"Let's go before I change my mind" I grabbed my helmet and leather jacket before leaving. When I got home after dropping Alena off, I saw my helmet as promised by Alena, all bedazzled and ready to go. It had black rhinestones all over it in no particular order and in the middle of the helmet from top to bottom there was a row of spikes, how she got her hands on them I wouldn't know. Not bad for a ten-year-old.

Before we took off, Isaac did the standard tests to make sure the bike was still in good condition before strapping it in the trailer attached to the back of his car, thankfully he didn't bring the Camaro, he drove in on an old sedan

Before we took off, Isaac did the standard tests to make sure the bike was still in good condition before strapping it in the trailer attached to the back of his car, thankfully he didn't bring the Camaro, he drove in on an old sedan. No idea who it belonged to but I've learnt not to ask questions. "The less you know the better Boo Bear" is what he would always tell me.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared. I was terrified, I was always scared before any race I had. I never used to care about losing but now it was different. I was literally racing to earn a little bit of cash to help my sister and I survive. I needed this win more now than ever. Isaac had agreed, or demanded to loan me the $1k entry fee to race and I told him I'd pay him back regardless of whether I lost or not.

He told me that there were other races with different entry fees but Isaac thought it would be better for me to enter this one because it gave me a better chance at winning. It was economical for me to enter the race with the lowest fee because I haven't raced in months, also because I can barely afford the $1k. Imagine I entered a $5k race and lost?

When we were five minutes away his voice broke me out of my daydream "Put your mask on Avery"

I let out a shaky breath as I started to put my face mask on alongside a black plain beanie to secure the hair in place. Luckily, I had opted to a dark smokey eye on my eyes to somewhat give my round eyes the illusion of them being an almond shape.