4 - Domino

Please listen to Domino - Jessie J for this chapter

* * *

I grabbed the things I required for my next class; Business, before making my way to my next destination, reminding myself not to have a complete outburst like I did in English.

Hoping to get in early to score a seat in the back, away from prying eyes. A little bit ambitious because as soon as I walked in, the only seat available was next to this blonde girl at the front.

Of course.

"Is this seat taken" I asked politely, she looked up with a genuine smile and shook her head.

"Of course not, have a seat. My name is Nikki."

"Thanks. I'm Avery"

"Avery? That's a nice name. You new here, I take it?"

Looking at Nikki, she didn't look like your typical over-achiever student but who says she isn't though? She was very beautiful with bright blue eyes and fair skin but hid behind her over-sized glasses and long golden blonde hair that fell over her face.

"Thanks. Yes, is it that obvious?" I self-consciously sunk further into my chair and tugged my jacket tighter around me.

She giggled and shook her head trying to reassure me "It's OK. I just happen to know all the students and their name and didn't know yours"

'She's definitely one of those over-achieving students'

"You'll be fine. I'm happy to show you around and you can sit with my friends and I at lunch, if you want?"

I genuinely smiled at her comment. It was really sweet of her to accept me so quickly and invite me like that. School can be vicious, a lot of the time the new kids always got picked on and ended up being tormented and bullied. No one wanted to be associated with them.

"That's really nice of you, thanks"

As I got settled in and ready to begin the class, the door opened and the guy from my English class and this morning's exchange walked in, I finally got to take a proper look at him as he made his way to his seat. He's definitely one of those popular kids. He had that aura about him, very attractive to the eye, you'd have to be naive to think he wasn't gorgeous.

Before I had the chance to look away he turned and looked directly at me with a hint of a smile on his face before winking at me. I instantly turned my head and faced the front of the class not wanting to give him the satisfaction of seeing my blush.

The teacher walked in shortly after, ready to begin before stopping to give me a once over. She made her way to me, leaned down and whispered "You must be new, I'm Ms. Campwell. Did you want to introduce yourself to the class?"

My eyes instantaneously widened in fright as I lightly shook my head. She didn't push me, just gave me a small smile before standing up to begin the class.

"Let's open up page 15. Christina, can you please begin reading the first paragraph"

Thank you but no thank you. Why do teachers always assume that we would want to introduce ourselves to an entire class?

It's never been a good idea and should be scrapped from the program. Permanently.

* * *

"You ready? I'll show you where the cafeteria is" Nikki asked as I shut my locker and began following her.

"First day isn't so scary huh?"