31 - Confident

Please listen to Confident - Demi Lovato for this chapter

* * *

I sat next to my sister's bed as she slept peacefully, I tried to ignore it but the image of my father kept coming into my mind. He had told Drew that we were dead, he never once came looking for us. He took the easy way out and told him we were dead! I'm so confused, how does Drew not remember our names? Surely it wasn't a coincidence that both Alena and I had the same names as his sisters?! Something wasn't right and I couldn't wrap my head around it. I should have stayed and demanded answers but panic won, resulting in me fleeing the house before anyone could stop me.

How on earth was I supposed to tell Alena that our dad and brother were alive when she doesn't even remember them?! I thought if I knew who they were, it would answer my questions but I was wrong, it only made me ask more questions.

Maybe it's just better if I-

"Hey"

I snapped out of my train of thought as I looked towards the voice, spotting Isaac with a huge, meter long teddy bear and a bouquet of flowers.

"Hi" I whispered back. I watched him as he placed the flowers on the table besides the bed, kissed Alena on her forehead and then sat the teddy bear next to her. I knew she was going to die for that Bear when she woke up, mainly because of her obsession over them.

He made his way around until he was standing next to me. Slowly he raised his arms as if to say he was ready to catch me, without hesitation I got up and embraced his hug, quietly weeping into his chest as he ran his hands up and down on my back supportively.

We didn't say anything, there was nothing that needed to be said. We both knew I was crying because I finally found my dad but it wasn't happy tears. After a few minutes I began to calm down and eventually recollected myself, the last thing I wanted was Alena waking up to me crying. As I was about to sit down he pulled on my arm "Let's go eat breakfast."

I didn't argue because truth be told, I was starving. Writing a quick note to Alena in case she woke up, I placed it next to her so she wouldn't worry.

* * *

"You want a race for tonight? As in Saturday night?" He asked with an eyebrow raised. I simply nodded with no further explanation. I let out a sigh when I realised he wasn't going to budge without further details.

"Isaac, her hospital visit is $2340. Do you think I have that kind of money?!" I voiced my concerns a little angrier then I wanted. He opened his mouth to say the words I knew were coming.

"And no I don't want your money" I quickly chipped in. Without a word he closed his mouth while letting out a frustrated sigh. He huffed and puffed a little longer before pulling his phone out to ring David, presumably.

"Hey man, any races tonight?" He asked as he nodded to words only he could hear. His eyes raised a little in surprise before quickly readjusting.

"Count us in then."

He looked up at me with a smile "We found you the perfect match"

* * *

Alena had to go run some tests with her doctor so I was currently sitting by myself on the couch against the wall in her room. Isaac left not long ago, he wanted to go run some tests on the bike for tonight.