16 - Me And My Broken Heart

SURPRISE!!!! TWO UPDATES IN LESS THAN AN HOUR!!

Don't get used to it though haha 😘

Fun fact about me: I hate drinking plain milk but I'm a sucker for flavoured milks! Those Big M's are amazing!! What about you guys?

* * *

Please listen to Me And My Broken Heart - Rixton for this chapter

* * *

"You think you can play me like that!" Noah screamed. You can see the anger in his eyes as he focused all his energy on me.

"No! Of course not! You forced me to race you!" my voice trembled as I tried to stay calm but my body was shaking in fear as he towered over me. Before I could register what happened, Noah raised his hand and slapped me forcefully across the face.

My body jerks up in fright as the blanket crumples around my waist. I let out a deep breath to try to control my breathing and rapid heartbeat. Nightmares of Noah always scared me because there was always a possibility of history repeating itself.

I looked down at my hands to see them shaking as my heart was still thumping in my ears with no indication of slowing down, so I got up to grab a quick drink of water in hopes that that will help me relax. On my way back up to my room I ducked my head into Alena's room, to see that she's sleeping peacefully with a soft smile glued to her face.

Sneaking back into my room I grabbed the shoebox of memories hiding under my bed. I sat on the floor as I went through all the photos I never had the heart to throw out. There were old photos of my family, photos of my old friends and of course there were photos of Noah and I back when we both had no idea just how toxic our relationship would become.

Feeling dejected I threw the photos back in the shoebox before placing it on my night table and laying back down in bed. After my body slowly but surely calmed down, I waited for sleep to take over.

It never came around.

* * *

"Morning!!" Nikki's voice rings through my ears with so much enthusiasm that it makes me cringe.

"Bad morning?" She asks as we walked towards our lockers.

I snickered at her question "Try bad life."

"That bad huh?" she queries as we arrived to her locker first. I leaned the back of my head against the locker next to hers while she sorted out her stuff.

"Don't even go there. I'm literally functioning on 3 hours' sleep. I feel sorry for anyone who tries to step on my toes today."

"Hey baby-"

I immediately turned my head to the left out of anger, only to see Lucas standing next to me leaning his palm against the locker behind my head, with a smug look glued on his face.

I'm not going to lie, Lucas is really attractive, not as attractive as Jaxon but he has a beautiful smile, very Paul Walker like, nice big brown eyes, strong build and long black hair down to his jaw line which is either always messy from his fingers, or it's in a bun. He definitely has that bad boy quality about him.

'Sorry Lucas but I've already been there, done that and wrote the chapter about it.'

I rolled my eyes at him and turned my back on Lucas to lean on the side and face Nikki who seems to have now been found dumb struck.