11 - Hymn For The Weekend

Please listen to Hymn For The Weekend - Coldplay for this entire chapter

* * *

He was like a magnet. No matter how hard you try to keep the magnets separate, they suck you in. I was drawn to him and I knew if he was going to kiss me, I wouldn't even think about pulling away. I knew I would invite his touch and that much worried me.

A pair of bright headlights had other plans for us as it blurred the side of our vision, breaking our hypnotic state. "Stay in here" Jaxon mumbled with an annoyed tone as he got out of the car to greet his friend.

I shook my head in disappointment at myself. Was I seriously just about to let him kiss me? What the hell was I thinking?! I'm not going through that heartache again, it's seriously not worth it.

I watched them as they gave each other a man hug, Jaxon then started pointing to the car and then to me to which the mechanic smiled and waved in my direction, so to be polite I reciprocated the gesture.

A few minutes later Jaxon came back into the car and smiled at me but didn't say anything. As I stared at him expectedly, my cheeks flushed red and a slow smile creeped on my face "Well?"

He chuckled at my reaction "He's towing the car to his shop and we'll follow him in an hour or so."

"In an hour? OK, so what do we do till then?"

He smiled as he turned the ignition on to his car "We go have dinner."

"WHAT! No!" my eyes widened in horror.

He just looked at me with a confident smirk "Why, you scared you might fall in love with me?"

I busted out laughing and playfully slapped his shoulder "You got jokes. That's cute."

He didn't say anything, his smirk just remained on his face as he drove to the destination only he knew about.

* * *

We arrived at a small diner only a few minutes away from the mechanics which worked out perfectly, but I think that was Jaxon's purpose.

"What can I get the lovely couple?"

I was peacefully reviewing the menu while we sat quietly in a booth when I heard those words, my head shot up to the waitress who was smiling innocently at us "uh-we aren't together" I managed to clarify the confusion.

Or so I assumed.

The waitress smiled at us "Aww ya'll on a first date? That's so cute! Love must be in the air as my daughter has one tonight as well."

I just shook my head repeatedly at her, not knowing what to say.

I looked at Jaxon for some help but he's just got his left arm draped over the booth, with a smug smile glued to his face directed at me.

"Babe what do you want to eat?" He says while his grin got wider in amusement.

"Aww you are adorable!! Glenda!! You gotta see how cute this couple are, much nicer than the other ones last night"

I gaped at both Jaxon and then the waitress "I-" I stopped in my tracks, realising that this argument was pointless. Rolling my eyes at Jaxon's smirk "I'll have a chicken BLT sandwich please."

As soon as Jaxon ordered and the waitress walked off, I instantly leaned over the table and slapped his arm that was resting on the table.

"I can't believe you did that to me."