chapter 9 revised

Photo of Flame

Sebastian Monteiro pov

I downed the last of my drink and telephoned the accounting department. Usually it was my personal assistant who made such calls but this one I willingly completed myself.

There was a problem and I needed answers. Now.

"Good morning Mr Monteiro. " the HOD's assistant chirped.

"Tell your damn boss I need him into my office this instant" I ordered and slammed the phone onto the desk top.

What was this nonsense?

Had I been so distracted lately that I was unaware of the company's antics?

*

When the knock sounded onto the door, I barked a gruff "come in. "

Brian entered the office his face already red and sweaty with both guilt and fear.

So, he knew very well why he was summoned to my office?

"Good morning Mr Monteiro. "The employee who was just a few years older than I said, his voice almost as low as a whisper.

"Brian," I growled warningly, my voice low, nononsensical,threatening.

"Where are last month's accounts? I have not received the files. "

"Sir"the man, head of the finance department cowered.

"Are you a damn child Brian. " I rose from the chair and walked menacingly towards him. "Speak up! Where are the damn files? "

He held his head down and I clenched then unclenched my fists,barely holding my temper. I asked him once more. "Why have I not received the fucking files boy?"

I voicelessly leaned onto the desk,arms crossed over my chest, and waited for him to respond.

"I'm sorry sir" he began ."sir I borrowed a few thousands from the department without your knowledge sir. My wife is very ill sir and has been hospitalized since the last two weeks. Sir -"

I did not give him time to complete  his pathetic excuse.

He stole from me. That was all I needed to hear.

Enraged, I grabbed him by his shirt and threw him into the wall.

"You dared to steal from me boy" I seethed, landing a stinging jab to his right jaw. Then another and one more.

"I'm sorry sir" he profusely apologized, blood leaking from his mouth but he made no attempt to wipe it.

I chuckled quietly and shook my head.

" You filth, if you are not gone from my sight by the count of three I will kill you. If you ever set foot again in this company-" again I chuckled humorlessly and shook my head leaving the sentence unfinished.

"Yes sir, I am sorry sir." He said once more and rushed out of the office.

Love is making you soft Monteiro.

*****

Irritated, I lifted my head from the files onto my desk and ran my hands over my face when the closed office door was pushed opened revealing a scantily clothed Flame who entered strutting as if she were on a run way. Following her was Elaine, who looked as equally irritated as I.

"I'm sorry Sebastian "she pardoned"this girl would not listen to me. " she  distastefully eyed an uninterested Flame.

"It's alright Elaine. " I assured her "I'll take it from here."she nodded and left after giving to me a frown of disapproval.

"Flame" I said after Elaine egressed and closed the door.

"Flame. " I said again, gritting my teeth. "Why are you here? You know I do not tolerate such nonsense. "

"Baby I was feeling really horny. " she purred rubbing her palm on the front of my pants,shoving me against the desk. "Wasn't the other perfect Sebby? It was as if we made love for the first time. "

Yea. Because he was imagining another woman's face. His personal assistant, Miss Luca.

"Flame"from exasperation, I shook my head. "I have continuously warned you, I do not want you to show up at my company. Especially if you are dressed like that." I eyed the very short low bust dress she wore. "What is wrong with you? "

My jaw clenched. I was not in the mood to deal with this woman.

"But Sebby, " she moaned and wrapped both arms around my neck. "I need you. " she kissed my lips as though she were starved, rubbing her body onto mine. "

I did not hear when the door opened but I heard the soft gasp in the room.

"Oh Sebastian" I hurriedly pushed Flame off.

"God damn it, Miss Luca!. "

Currently playing my Back Street Boys playlist. Do you listen to the Back Street Boys ? If yes, what's your favorite song? I have a lot of favourites (lol) including Shape of my Heart and Incomplete.

I love you.

Please like my fb page--NiightWriiter

Thanks