Edmure Tully X Reader - Goodbye

He could be a kind man, he really could, but tonight, your lover was agitated. Edmure had never been mean to you before and when he came into his tent, where you waited for him, with a scowl on his face you knew something was wrong. He had just been requested to join his Nephew, Robb, for dinner to discuss the Frey situation, and when he left he had seemed as happy as ever, giving you a kiss on the cheek before heading out. But now he was like a storm cloud, angry and dark, and you were sad to say that you were a little fearful of what was to come.

"Is everything alright, My Lord?" you asked softly, trying not to startle him where he sat at the end of the bed. He remained quiet for a second, until you wrapped your ams around his chest from behind, kissing the side of his head. He forcefully shoved you away from him, leaving you sprawled across the sheets behind him. "My Lord, I'm sorry, haveIi done something to upset you?" you pressed, remaining a little further away from him as you watched him shift uncomfortably.

He shook his head softly as he turned to look at you, looking more like a hurt child than the angry man he had been just seconds before. You moved closer to him only for him to flinch away and shake his head again. "We cannot do this, you have to leave," he told you and tears started to brim in your eyes as he turned away again, waiting for you to do as he had told you.

"My Lord, please, what's wrong?" you asked again as you tried to hold back your tears. He remained silent, leaving you to become angry. "If you can't tell me what is wrong, then, why am I leaving, Edmure?" you spat at him as he placed his face into his hands.

"Because I have no choice," he sobbed and you instantly lost your anger at him, he needed you, he always had, but until now he couldn't show it.

"You have no choice in what, My Love? What is happening?" you asked him, slowly coming to sit beside him and leaning against his side.

"The king, my nephew, has said that I am to marry the Frey girl in his place, and that you must leave camp to avoid any offence to the Freys," he told you, his eyes red and blood shot.

"I am sorry, My Lord," you told him, standing from the bed, "If the king has commanded it then I must leave," you added as he stared at you shocked.

"I don't want you to leave," he admitted, still looking at your face, "If I could marry you now and leave this place, just us two, then I would, but my father would be so hurt," he told you, bringing you in to his arms for one final embrace, it was awkward, he was sitting on the bed and you were stood in front of him, but you made it work.

"I understand Edmure," you told him softly, "I could never ask you to choose between your family and I," you continued, stroking his hair as he pulled away from you.

"I'm sorry" he told you, crying again as you stepped away from him.

"It is not your fault, My Love," you informed him as you walked out of his tent for the last time.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x