Jon Snow x Reader - Sweet goodbyes

You had been waiting for hours. Wrapped tightly in furs and crouched behind one of the bushes that lined the gardens of Winterfell. A thin layer of snow had formed on your hair as you shivered in the biting wind, sheltering your eyes from the storm. The sun had set long ago, and you had been expecting to see Jon soon after, but he had been a no show, again. Sometimes you wondered why you put up with his lack of consistency. One day he would be utterly in love with you, not being able to keep his hands off of you, and then the next he wouldn't even look your way, as if you were a stranger to him. And frankly you were starting to grow tired of it.

You were so engrossed in your thoughts that you didn't notice the footsteps sneaking up on you. "Who are you, and what are you doing in my Gardens?" the voice asked softly from behind you causing you to jump and fall backwards into the snow. You quickly scrambled to get to your feet, coming face to face with Jon's father and smiling warily at him.

"I'm sorry M'lord. I was just waiting," you told him quietly, your voice shaking as his face softened a little. Your face had turned red in the cold, the rest of you pale. You looked tired and bored and altogether a little scared.

"Waiting for what?" Lord Stark asked, removing his hand from the hilt of his sword and watching as your body relaxed a little.

"A friend, M'lord" You told him softly, your eyes looking down at your feet, unable to meet his eyes as you avoided the question.

"And what friend would that be?" he probed, watching as you shuffled on the spot slightly and shrugged in response. "I assume it's Robb, you seem too timid to be one of Theon's 'Friends'," he added causing you to blush profusely as you looked up at him again, shaking your head.

"I was meeting with Jon Snow, M'lord," you told him, biting on your lip lightly as his eyebrows raised into his hair line. Jon would be so annoyed that you had told his Father of your meeting; if he had been on time to greet you it wouldn't have been a problem.

"Come inside, child, you'll freeze to death out here," he told you, beginning to walk towards the large house in the centre of the property. It was then that you halted, seeing the black-haired boy rushing towards the two of you.

"Father?" he questioned as he paused in his walk, noticing you cowering behind his form.

Lord Stark smiled as he looked at his son, "Nice of you to finally join us Jon," he joked and you gave Jon a sorry smile as he met your eyes. "If you're going to keep the girl waiting at least make it somewhere warm," he added before he began walking again, you following close behind him as he gestured to you both.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't think he would see me," you whispered to Jon as you caught up to him. He gave you a small shrug in response, walking faster to fall into stride beside his Father, leaving your trailing behind them both.

*Time Skip*

Soon after leading you to the main hall, Lord Stark had taken his leave, telling the two of you that you could have your meetings there in the future. The room was silent for a while after he disappeared, and you kept your eyes fixed on the wooden table as Jon stared at you.

"Jon?" you asked warily, not wanting to lift your eyes to his. "I said I'm sorry, I didn't mean for him to find me out there," You added and he let out a small huff in response, causing you to look up in shock.

"I told you to make sure you were hidden," he grunted as he locked eyes with yours as he shook his head lightly.

"I was hidden, if you were outside when you said you would be he never would have seen me," you growled back, your hands clenching into fists as you glared at him.

"I was busy," he spat.

"Well, I was waiting," you spat back, your voice raising a little.

"Don't yell at me," he growled at you, his eye narrowing at you.

"Don't treat me like an idiot, you never show up on time Jon, do you not want to see me anymore?" you asked, your voice cracking a little. You had never thought of the idea that he may not love you; as much as you complained, you still loved him dearly.

"Of course I want to see you," he told, his voice softening as he reached for your hand, only for you to pull it away.

"Then why does it always have to be so secretive? I love you Jon, and I don't care who knows it," you told him tears prickling your eyes.

"It's not that easy," he hummed back, his hand still resting between you on the table.

"But it could be if you could just see that your Father doesn't care who you are with, he just wants you to be happy," you told him.

"He isn't the problem," he uttered again, and you remained silent as you waiting for him to talk again, "Lady Stark doesn't like me already, and she wont approve of you because," he trailed off before he could finish his sentence.

"Because she doesn't want a common woman living in her home," you finished for him. "Why do you care what she thinks? She is absolutely horrid to you," you added and he chuckled.

"Father cares what she thinks, I don't want to lose you but I can't lose my family," he told you, his hand finally finding yours and bringing your knuckle to his lips softly.

"I understand," you told him, before getting to your feet and smiling down at him. "I can't ask you to choose, I should go," you added softly.

"I love you," he uttered, his head falling as he released your hand.

"I love you too," you smiled softly before heading to the door and finally letting the tears escape you as you said a final goodbye to Jon Snow.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x