Theon Greyjoy X Reader - Travelling Soldier: Part Two

The next morning you woke up in the forest with Theon fast asleep beside you. You began to think of the night before; he was the first man you had ever laid with but there was no way it could ever be anything more. He was a lord of the Iron Islands, and he would be going to war within the next few hours. It would be easier to leave him sleeping, to avoid the awkward goodbyes that came after nights like these. So you headed back to the tavern, allowing him to avoid his guilt in leaving you.

It wasn't until a few weeks later that you realised that you had not bled yet, and once you connected it to your random bouts of nausea, you began to panic. Theon was the only man you had ever been with and he was likely dead on a battlefield somewhere.

The next you heard of Theon, he was back in Winterfell, where he had grown up, though it seemed he had changed. There were rumours of the cruel things that he had done to the Stark boys and you grew weary of the visit you had planned.

Your daughter, violet, was a pretty little thing, just starting to toddle around the tavern, though you were sure to keep her safe behind the bar. She looked just like him. It hurt your heart that she would never know her father.

A few weeks after Theon had taken Winterfell as his own, a new group of men entered the Tavern. From the sigil on their armour they seemed to be Bolton men. They had been boasting about their prisoner all evening, but you had ignored it until you heard them mention Theon's name.

"Reek," a small man corrected, coming to sit between two of the larger men at the table, he smirked when they all gazed at him in confusion. "He's not Theon Greyjoy anymore. He hasn't been since I took away his favourite toy," he bragged, wiggling one small, chubby finger and causing the other men to laugh with him.

*Time Skip*

It was a long time before you saw Theon again. He was a mess, his hair matted and his skin coated in weeks worth of dirt. He was dressed in rags and hobbled in clutching the hand of a young woman, dragging her into the otherwise empty tavern.

"Theon, we can't stop here," the woman whispered at him, drawing your attention to the door, where he hovered.

"Theon," you whimpered, your mouth hanging open as you looked at the shell of a man you had once known.

"She's seen us. She knows who you are. She will tell him, Theon," the woman cried out, tugging on his arm, but failing miserably at moving him anywhere.

"Y/N, I need help," he whispered out and you nodded silently at him, tears brimming in your eyes as you pointed to the stairs that led up to your chambers, hiding Violet behind your skirts as he went past you.

*Time Skip*

"What happened to you?" you asked as the two of them sat quietly, perched on a wooden storage chest. Theon didn't answer, just shaking his head as if trying to forget the ordeal as the two of you watched him.

"Ramsay Bolton happened," the girl, who you had learned to be Sansa Stark answered for him and you nodded in thanks. "How do you know Theon?" she asked quietly, allowing hime time to calm his shaking form.

"We met whilst you were in King's Landing, M'lady. Just before Theon went to fight with your brother," you told her softly, your hand stroking over Violet's hair gently as you thought about that night. Sansa quickly looked between the little girl at your side and her shaking friend, her mouth falling open in shock.

"And how old is Violet?" she asked, turning back to you in confusion.

"She'll be three next month, M'lady," you answered, watching as Theon froze, his face deep in concentration.

"And it's obvious from her looks that she is Theon's, yes?" she added, helping him to bridge the gap he seemed to be having so much trouble with.

"Yes, M'lady," you finished, your eyes settling on a spot on the dirt floor as you continued to calm yourself by playing with Violet's hair. When you looked back up Theon was staring at the little girl with tears in his eyes.

"Mine?" he whispered, his eyes locking on your's as you nodded in silence.

"I'm sorry, I didn't tell you," you finally spoke. You felt sick waiting for Theon to react, watching his pained expression in fear as he returned his eyes to the daughter he never knew he had.

"Mine," he whispered again, more to himself than to the women in the room. "I... he," he tried to speak, looking up to you, his face taut and worried as his words trailed off.

"Theon can't have children anymore; Ramsay saw to it that he wouldn't be able," Sansa explained softly.

"I want you to be a part of her life. That is, if you want to be," you told him, before looking down at the little girl tugging at your skirts.

"Mumma, he smells," she whispered up at you and your eyes went wide before she spoke again. "We should go to the lake and he can have a bath?" she asked in excitement, and you heard Theon chuckle quietly to himself.

"Maybe some other time Violet, he has to stay here for now," you told her before looking back to Theon. You were shocked when Violet moved away, hurrying over to her father and placing her hands on his knees.

"Why do you have to stay here?" she asked him sadly, her brow furrowed as she pouted up at him, causing him to smile.

He leant down really close to her before he spoke. "There's a bad man who wants me to stay with him, but I don't want to," he explained to her, causing her to gasp in horror.

"He can't make you live with him," she exclaimed, scrambling to get onto his lap and press her hand to his cheek. "I'll protect you," she added before wrapping her arms around him to give him a hug.

You smiled when Theon's eyes found yours again, a grin on his face, the first you had seen since he had stepped foot here.

"I thought about you every day, I wanted to come and find you when I first returned but my men wouldn't let me, and then Ramsay came and-" he trailed off and you nodded in understanding as he played with Violet's soft hair. It had always been a comfort for you and it seemed to do the same for him.

"After what you did to those boys I wasn't sure that I wanted you to find me," you whispered, his hand freezing in place.

"Theon didn't hurt my brothers, I promise you," Sansa spoke up for him and you nodded silently.

"I want to come with you, when you go back to the Iron Islands," you told him and his eyebrows raised, though he didn't speak. "You are the only man I've ever cared about, Theon. I love you, I loved you that night and I love you now," you told him and his confusion turned to a smile.

"I can't be with you like I was then, do you understand that?" he asked, softly placing Violet back on her feet, allowing her to toddle over to Sansa as he stood. You nodded in response and he quickly crossed the gap between you, kissing you passionately as you pulled him to you.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x